MobileProtect vs SquareTrade Opinions Please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rmbrown09, Jul 12, 2010.

1. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

So I already enrolled in MobileProtect, but I feel like an idiot because then I cam across square trade and that looks way better.

1. Is it? Besides the obvious if you completely lose your phone thing.

2. How the HELL DO I UN ENROLL FROM MOBILEPROTECT!!!!

Thanks, number two only applies if number one is as I suspect.

2. COBRASVT macrumors regular

When I read the deductible plus monthly fee from Mobileprotect, I couldn't believe what crooks they are. I hope you get out of it and I'm glad you posted about Square Trade. I'm in.

3. reliantj macrumors 6502

i'm interested in this.
    i wonder how long the $99 for 2 years offer will last.

i wanna wait till last minute to see if Jobs will actually do something about this antenna predicament.

4. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

I've noticed a lot of people here seem to recommend ST if you don't (or even if you do) go for the extra applecare coverage.

#2 - if all else fails, you could probably do a charge back IF you used a normal credit card. If not a normal credit card, see your bank :p

5. Intrepyd macrumors newbie

Squaretrade charges a $99 premium, plus a $50 deductible to repair a broken phone. Apple will fix any broken iPhone for $199. Is it really worth a $99 fee to save $50 in the unlikely event you break your phone?

To me, insurance only makes sense if it covers loss/theft, because that's the situation that would cost $699 to replace the phone. Safeware is one example of insurance that includes loss coverage, but their policy maxes at $500 coverage, $200 short of the actual replacement cost.

6. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Unless the phone is beyond repair, in which case with this plan, I pay 150 total, and get a whole new phone. Apple gives me a $500 bill for a new phone.