MobileSMS - sending SMS using keyboard ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mappyman, Jul 26, 2008.

1. mappyman macrumors regular

Is it possible use openssh and send an SMS whilst in there ? I know the iphone use MobileSMS.app to send its messages.

It would be cool to just use a full sized qwerty keyboard to send SMS messages.

2. mappyman thread starter macrumors regular

So, nobody know how to use the mobileSMS.app through OpenSSH ?
    Would be great to just login and send a text without using that fiddly virtual keyboard.

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

You mean, sitting at your computer? There are plenty of websites that let you send SMS's free - try using Google for "send SMS"

4. mappyman thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah but most are capped at around 10 SMS per day. Or have huge adverts in the text.

I may as well kill these 600 SMS messages we get for free with the help of my PC keyboard when I am in the house :D :apple:

5. nova62400 macrumors newbie

Amen to that

when sitting at the computer, how nice would it be to get a text on the iphone and just reply from the mac kbd

6. twist2b macrumors regular

dang, P2K tools I believe (for basic motorola phones) lets you just connect to your phone THEN just use your computer as a TXT sender.
    I don't know if there is one for the iPhone but its not that complicated. I am sure its possible.

7. mappyman thread starter macrumors regular

Something came out last week called "sendSMS" in cydia that lets you sendSMS messages using ssh which is a text based program.

I installed it just hangs when it sends the message. Anyone got it working ?