MobileTerminal doesn't work for me

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cashonly, Nov 12, 2009.

1. cashonly macrumors newbie

MobileTerminal does not work for me.

I have an iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2.

I installed MobileTerminal from Cydia.

But, everytime I run it, it shows the keyboard for about 1 second, then the keyboard disappears and I'm back at the springboard.

I shut my phone down and restarted and still have the same problem.

I uninstalled it, re-booted, re-installed and re-booted and it acts the same.

What am I doing wrong?

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Probably nothing. I searched on Google and it seems there are lots of threads on the same issue: http://tinyurl.com/ykz3jk3

Looks like someone else already reported it to the team who coded MobileTerminal: http://code.google.com/p/mobileterminal/issues/detail?id=151

I guess I won't be upgrading to 3.1.2 anytime soon. :)

3. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Hmmm. I'm also on a 3Gs on 3.1.2 (older bootroom though) and I just installed MT (before seeing your thread) and changed my passwords. Worked (and still working) with no problems.

Maybe do an iTunes sync and retry?

4. DeLoMan macrumors regular

My MobileTerminal gave me some trouble after upgrading MobileSubstrate. It crashed once, but then seemed to be working after I tried opening it again.

5. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

FWIW, I've not upgraded to the latest MobileSubstrate yet. Still showing 0.9.3051-1 as the installed version.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I've had no problems with MobileTerminal on my 3GS with 3.1.2 and the newest version of MobileSubstrate (0.9.3087-1).

7. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

If you installed the ROCK app from the BlackRa1n RC1 app, thats your problem. It was messed up and caused Mobile Terminal to crash. The only way to fix it is to restore and rejailbreak.

8. Degrassiman macrumors newbie

Mt

I have been having the same problem with my iPod touch 3G.any suggestions?

9. cashonly thread starter macrumors newbie

I never got it working and just ssh'd in from my pc to do what I needed to do.

10. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

I had to manually find the Debian package for it and install it via ssh for the terminal app to work right.

11. Sharkboi033 macrumors newbie

The solution

I have the solution. Go onto cydia and search mobileterminal. It will come up with mobileterminal (NEW) download that and it will work. :)