MobileTerminal Not Launching In iOS 4

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by johnnyham, Jun 23, 2010.

1. johnnyham macrumors regular

I updated my 8GB iPod touch 2G to iOS 4 as soon as it came out and jailbroke it with redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4 and installed the MobileTerminal app via Cydia. But when I try to launch it, it brings up the half-black, half-keyboard screen then promptly quits. I tried looking on the developers' Google Code page, but I couldn't find any information. Anybody else have problems getting MobileTerminal to run in iOS 4 or any troubleshooting tips?

EDIT: Found a bug report on the MobileTerminal Google Code page, it was listed as being on the 3G so I glossed over it when scanning articles, but one user reported the problem on the 2G iPod touch also. Seems that it's a conflict with multitasking. One person reported redoing his jailbreak without multitasking enabled and the app worked fine. Guess I could do that and do what needs to be done with Terminal until a fix is released.

2. allejo macrumors newbie

A lot of Cydia apps have been having problems on iOS 4 but that is for the reason that Developers haven't ported their apps for iOS 4 yet. Developers will eventually get to that. (I hope)

3. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

4. celticpride678

Before iOS 4 was officially released to the public.

5. tflournoy95 macrumors 6502

I thought that was just for developers though.

6. RhiannonUndead macrumors newbie

there's actually alot of things you can do in mobile terminal, as well as HAVE to do in mobile terminal that you can't do from ifile. just sayin that comment was kinda :|

7. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

There is an iOS 4 version-- MobileTerminal 426.
    EDIT: Oops, didn't realize it was a thread 5 months ago.

8. gnychis macrumors 6502