MobileTerminal

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

The version of MobileTerminal available through Cydia is not functioning on my iP4 iOS 4.0.1 (I've uninstalled it & installed it again prior to reading up on the issues with this - it's now entirely uninstalled) - I've read that I can still install it from another source, but it seems that I have to have OpenSSH before this is an option. For security purposes, I'd prefer to change my root password via mobile terminal before running OpenSSH - is that possible, or will I have to run OpenSSH, then find/install MobileTerminal via SSH?

Thanks!

--Mike

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

You are talking a matter of minutes between the time you install OpenSSH, which you really should have on your iPhone for obvious recovery reasons, and the time you would install mobile terminal from another source and change your password. I don't see this as a high risk.

Is there someone wishing to cause you harm and they are just waiting for you to install OpenSSH?

3. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I 100% agree that I'm being overly cautious, but I thought I'd ask... As it turns out, I posted too soon anyway - minutes after posting that I discovered the PodZombies repository & the updated mobileterminal for iOS 4. Thanks for the reply, though. If nothing else, hopefully this will be helpful to anyone roads w/ the same question...