Mockup of new mac tablet

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stridemat, Jul 30, 2009.

1. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Attached Files:

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Cool idea, but if the tablet is really 10", that keyboard would be too small to type on. Not to mention that because it is centered like that, you can't reach it while holding the sides.

3. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

4. stridemat thread starter Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

with your hands.....:p

Seriously, I never thought about how you would actually hold it, if something is like 10" then if you were holding it with two hand your 'typing thumbs' would not be able to reach the middle of the screen.

The only way it would work is if it was lighter enough to hold in one hand and use the other hand to type with (doesn't seem like apple though)

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

When the idea of a tablet was floating around last year no one realized or came up with why it would be a good idea, you are not going to be able to type in the air very well unless you have a butler to hold it. And can you imagine have to using it on a table flat, ergonomically it would be awful. Tablet PCs have a keyboard and a screen that can be moved to different angles, for a reason.

6. stridemat thread starter Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

what you would need is a screen which folded like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4tdtzyjFnY

so it could fold into a more ergonomic shape for typing (more like a standard tablet) but could still act as tablet for ebooks for example

7. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

I do not understand the point of these "tablets" if they do not convert to a regular laptop. A normal laptop with rotating screen and touchscreen would be the only one I would buy. But I would not pay much more for it.

PS: there is a Mac tablet