mod 3g/3gs dock

satirev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2010
hey guys im thinking about getting a 3g iphone dock and then taking the plastic part off the top so it fits my iphone 4 with bumper. has anyone done this before? is it easy?

sulemanaaa

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
i took the iPhone 2g dock and took it apart. I took the whole "white" surface on top to the bottm and only left the bottom base and the dock connector!

hey i already had the 2g dock and didn't wanted to pay for new one lol

Plus point? ALL phones work with this..i used it for 3GS w many cases and they wall fit :)

daboltz

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
i took the iPhone 2g dock and took it apart. I took the whole "white" surface on top to the bottm and only left the bottom base and the dock connector!

hey i already had the 2g dock and didn't wanted to pay for new one lol

Plus point? ALL phones work with this..i used it for 3GS w many cases and they wall fit :)

funny I did the same thing

sulemanaaa

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
sorry about that =p didn't knew how to make it small..i mean it sort of looks ugly but hey it does the job well lol

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
My JBL dock/system fits the iPhone 4 great with any case or bumper without any of the lock in universal "holders."

Only thing that worries me about that stuff is the only thing holding the phone up is the 30 pin connector... So if I roll over one morning to turn the alarm off and I wind up punching the phone... bad things will ensue.

satirev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2010
can anyone else confirm that taking the top off of a dock is easy?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.