.MOD movie converter?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by James Godfrey, Jan 3, 2012.

1. James Godfrey macrumors regular

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone knows of a good free .MOD video converter for the mac? I have a few vids on my camcorder which are .MOD files which i want to edit in iMovie.

Thanks

James

2. simsaladimbamba

If those files are on your camcorder, can't you use iMovie to import the footage from your camera or is the camera incompatible?

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:
    [​IMG]

3. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately they are not on my camcorder any more, as I put them on my old PC, then moved them onto an external hard drive. Now I can't use them at all.

Thanks

James

4. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular

5. simsaladimbamba

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

MPEGStreamclip will do the job. It has a batch converter, so you can select all your clips and then go and have a cup of tea while it does the job.

7. simsaladimbamba

[​IMG]

To select the correct settings in MPEG Streamclip, you can apply the following settings, though the input source is a video DVD, but the output format is still the same.

8. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies I have done as instructed but I keep getting the following message when trying to convert the video files:

You must install the MPEG-2 playback component.... any suggestions... don't really want to pay the £15 its offering.

Thanks

James

9. simsaladimbamba

No way around this. If the .mod files are important to you, then that is what you have to do.

Though you might try HandBrake or some other video converter and transcode to an .mp4 file, but that file will be again transcoded via iMovie or MPEG Streamclip (if iMovie does not accept it).