modbook? any experience you can share :)?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bender o, May 21, 2010.

1. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Hi, here's my story. I've been looking for a new laptop and I considered buying a HP Touchsmart TM2 so I can use it to take notes at class I've read lots about it and I just fell in love with it. But today I was speaking to a friend that literally told me once you go mac you never go back LOL so it got me thnking and I remembered reading about Modbook a while a go, for those who don't know Modbook they take your macbook (and now macbook pro aswell) and put replace the original screen with a touchscreen and lose the keyboard converting it into a tablet (link: http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=home).

As you can see it is considerably more money (vs the $950 for the tm2). Is it worth the extra $1.000? How responsive is the screen? Can you use a bluetooth keybord and the new magic mouse with it? Is it weird using it while lyind down?

Any feedback would be great :)

Thanks guys

Ps: if you could correct my english I would really appreciate it :)

2. Sarngate macrumors regular

Why not just use Paper or a keyboard to take notes ? It seems a little ludicrous that one would spend $900 just to convert a Macbook and be able to use a digitizer on it.

And obviously if you do this, say goodbye to your warranty and any support from Apple whatsoever. That $1800 machine could just end up being a very expensive slab of metal if it breaks on you.