Modded my case. holds BT headset, cash, cards, other stuff (PICS)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by boss1, Sep 25, 2007.

1. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

(EDIT: I took the pics with the iPhone camera so they don't look as good, i don't have a really nice cam)

So I got tired of not having a place to store my Apple BT headset when not in use. I also looked around for cases that duo as wallets and I didn't like what I saw. Most of the cases out there like to much like purses, feminish, not that i have anything against that, it's just that i was born male and they don't suit me well.

I was clearing out office stuff and saw my old Dayplanner (remember those?). instead of chucking it I decided to break out the my handy razor blade (xacto knife) and start chopping away.

I used my Belkin iPhone case (pic below):
    [​IMG]

This is what I ended up with about an hour later:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case now holds all my cards, cash so I don't have to carry around a wallet anymore. My BT headset slips in and out of the tube like side pocket when not in use. The only thing I might slap on their now is a small quick release key ring for 1 car key and 1 house key.

I've been using this case now for about 2 weeks and it's by far (in my opinion) the best case ever.

There's no funky buttons or zippers or velcro to mess with. Theres no wild colors or textures, just plain black leather like my former wallet. It's looks like a guys case, even my non professional sewing job which is visible on the sides is reminiscent of a wound I stitched together myself.

Tools used & estimated cost:
    * leather from dayplanner book was going to chuck it but about ($5 worth of leather) i think
    * hotglue gun stick (.20 cents)
    * black thread ( .10 cents )
    * needle (.10 cents)
    * razorblade (.25 cents)
    * little square metal weights (used to weight down the flap) (.50 cents )

Total cost minus belkin case = $6.05

2. AuburnTigerr macrumors newbie

AuburnTigerr

3. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

That's awesome! I love to see do-it-yourself projects, especially when it has to do with the iPhone :)

I actually had this same exact idea, or at least the headset part. I thought they it would be cool to have a small puch on the edge like that. Well done!

How did you stick through that thick leather?

Do you wear this on your belt or just stick it in your pocket?

4. boss1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

boss1

The leather is actually fairly thin so it wasn't that hard to just stick a needle through But I did use a pair of pliers to push the needle through in some places where it got stiff.

The housing is the original belkin case so it comes with a belt clip.