Modded phone video (for people who have NOT modded)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by one1, Oct 4, 2007.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

I remember when my phone was stock and I would look at the modded programs and think "I MAY like that, but hard to tell". Indeed a video of a modded phone in action is much different from a screen shot.

I figured for the people who have stock phones that may have been wondering about modded phones applications and how well they work, I'd make two short videos.

I've been doing a lot of work with my phone lately so please excuse the mess of icons, function over form for this week. I'll take time to make it "pretty" next week.

I just found it easier to understand everything when I saw it work, so I figure maybe this will help others decide what they want to do. :)

If you like yours stock, that is perfectly fine also. This is not for you. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

This one post should replace every single post made from anyone who wishes to defend hacking in any thread.

It's short, succinct, and shows people who don't hack exactly why hacking is attractive without being in your face or resorting to tired philosophical arguments.

Well done.

3. taberrr macrumors regular

That's the worst embedded flash player ever, but cool theme you have there. :)

4. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

To me, this shows me why I'm not gonna hack mine, I thought the apps looked ugly and the touching was unresponsive compared to the native apps.

I think when I buy mine, I'll keep it as a phone, and stay friends with :apple:.

5. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

.......and I quote.

The apps are very responsive it's the finger trying to hit the app while looking through a viewfinder that isn't working out so well :D There is no quality difference.

6. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Nice low key pitch, but for me, the redraws look sluggish and nothing I saw interests me.
    So, I will stick with the iPhone as it is.
    Nice work though!

7. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Baaaa I bet you think electricity is over rated also huh? Friends with Apple? You my friend have wont the iSheep of the day award!

8. jediistar macrumors 6502

If the arguments are tired then you aren't quite understanding the philosophy behind them. Just because you don't agree with what other people say or do that involves NOT hacking the iphone doesn't make them wrong or inconsistent. Anyone who can clearly debate doesn't resort to attacking the argument itself.

9. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Jed, I'm probably one of the more outspoken opponents of hacking on this forum.

I recognize that if you aren't familiar with my views, my post in this thread might have you believe I am in the "hacking ruelz" camp.

I am proud to assure you that at this time, that simply is not true, nor was it ever!

I understand the arguments just fine, though. Thanks.