Modding your macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IGotBush, Nov 14, 2011.

1. IGotBush macrumors member

This may have or may not have been asked before, how often do you guys hear of modding your macbook pro? I mean like changing the led's for the apple logo, and keyboard, changing the shell color... I really want a black and blue style or red I'm torn so far. My computer is black and blue, and my 360 is chrome and light blue.

Long story short I know my ways around changing leds as I've modded my own xbox changing the ring colors and controller, and my computer is home built fully water cooled. I know my way around computers.

Before flames I've searched but haven't found anything on changing the actual shell just replacing it, and the way they change the colors looks a lot easier but way less fun.

2. warvanov macrumors 6502a

From what I've seen on the new MBPs you can't open up the top of the case in order to change the color of the Apple logo like you used to be able to do. That's a fairly simple mod that I used to see lots of but I think the top case/screen is all one piece and can't be taken apart (although I could be mistaken). I haven't seen a lot of other MBP mods such as changing the case color apart from people using speck cases and various decals and stickers.

Edit: I suppose you might be able to change the color of the keyboard LEDs. That might be cool to have them glow red or blue rather than plain white.

3. IGotBush thread starter macrumors member

This saddens me to no end

4. warvanov macrumors 6502a

I know, I'm right there with you. I was looking forward to changing the Apple on my new MBP to the old school rainbow apple, but no such luck.

5. IGotBush thread starter macrumors member

Yeah all the logo and keyboard changes, I saw are really simple they don't even change the led's kinda a joke to call it a mod but w/e. I did see Colorwarepc.com but all they do is spray paint your stuff. I could do that....oh well classic look it is

6. IGotBush thread starter macrumors member

What a contributor...sorry did I offend with you wanting to change the precious style of the MBP