Model A1260 MBP. Which LCD panel?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IronLung, Aug 25, 2009.

1. IronLung macrumors newbie

My dog broke my screen on my MBP that I bought in march of 2008. The model on the bottom is a1260. It was originally a glossy screen. I regretted purchasing the glossy soon after and I would like to replace it with a matte screen. I ordered a screen from www.etech.com through some advice from a friend at work that "knew for sure" it was the right one. Needless to say it was not so I had to return that screen to them. Now I am looking to do an exchange with them for the correct screen. Which screen is the correct one for my laptop?

When I search the model of my actual LCD panel in the laptop it comes with this http://www.etech.com/item--NXM542-053

But when I search my model # of my computer I get this http://www.etech.com/index.php?main..._result&search_in_description=1&keyword=a1260

It has three screens listed, only one is LED backlit and its a glossy display.

Again I have the A1260, apparently LED backlit, 15.4" 1440x900 wxga+ display. I want to go with a matte screen this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Josh

2. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

I'm bumping this thread for ya, I'd also like a matte screen.

3. IronLung thread starter macrumors newbie

From what I understand the screen on the unibody macbook pro is very difficult to work on/repair and they typically replace the entire topcase if any thing happens to the screen.

My laptop however is NOT the unibody it was I believe the last revision of the MBP before the unibodies came out.

4. Tubo123 macrumors newbie

screen

i have the same mac with a broken screen im also confused which screen to buy. which did you purchase that wouldn't work?