Model A1533 (CDMA) MP5C2LL/A Verizon 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sfphoto, Dec 31, 2016.

1. sfphoto macrumors regular

re: MP5C2LL/A Verizon 5s

Any one know if this is GSM unlocked like ME341LL/A (or 342, 343)

2. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Yes, the Verizon iPhone 5s is SIM unlocked. I have an old Verizon 5s that I've used on T-Mobile and AT&T.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes all Verizon iPhones that are model iPhone 5 or newer are fully unlocked for any gsm carrier in the world.

4. sfphoto thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I do also have one that is GSM unlocked, a model ME341LL/A.

What I was wanting to know if any one here has an MP5C2LL/A Verizon 5s (part no. on box) and has checked.

5. sfphoto thread starter macrumors regular

The MP5C2LL/A is sold by Best Buy, Wally World and others. At BB there is a Verizon disclaimer on the box that says it works only with VZ prepaid for 1 year from activation. Similar to what the VZ web site says:
    http://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy

Am wondering if only the CDMA side is locked, not the GSM.

6. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Mine actually came locked. It is a verizon 5s but I bought it from straight talk and they put some kind of proprietary thing on it that keeps it from working on non straight talk networks. Have to wait a year to get it unlocked.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 1, 2017 ---
    Should have figured that would be the case when it only cost $150 brand new at wal mart. Actually I think it was Apple refurbished.

7. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

MP5C2LL/A is the prepaid version of the Verizon iPhone 5s. Based on what I'm reading is that the SIM should be unlocked, but you will likely need to confirm this with Verizon. I can't confirm whether or not the information you saw at Best Buy is correct in that it needs to be used on Verizon prepaid for 1 year from activation. I'd probably recommend calling Verizon and asking them directly, you'll probably get better results.

If you go here and look at the questions: https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/smartphones/apple-iphone-5s-prepaid/

8. sfphoto thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I found that page too. Might mean best to get one from Vz direct rather than Wally World or Best Buy.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 2, 2017 ---
    -
    Thanks for the response. Do you remember what iOS it came with?

9. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Yes it was iOS 9.something. I got it in July of 2016.