Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sigooner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Can i jailbreak this software to ios5.0.1??? is it unlocked. it was bought from the apple shop in UK

Also, in the past when i have tried using the same laptop itunes for 2 different iphones, i have had problems, its like the laptop gets confused with the iphones and starts updating some apps backed up from iphone 1 to iphone 2. or starts deleting some. IS there any way round this, as i let others use this laptop for their iphone, to do backups etc

i would really appreciate any help

i have tried searching this forum but cant find anything...

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Can i jailbreak this software to ios5.0.1??? is it unlocked. it was bought from the apple shop in UK

Also, in the past when i have tried using the same laptop itunes for 2 different iphones, i have had problems, its like the laptop gets confused with the iphones and starts updating some apps backed up from iphone 1 to iphone 2. or starts deleting some. IS there any way round this, as i let others use this laptop for their iphone, to do backups etc

i would really appreciate any help

i have tried searching this forum but cant find anything...

Firmware version (like 5.0.1 or 5.1) is different from modem firmware (3.10.xx) which is actually your baseband.

Firmware matters when jailbreaking
Baseband matters when unlocking

heyyitzmelissa

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2012
Yes, you can jailbreak and unlock but no one will tell you how. Instead, we will all tell you it's impossible at the moment and keep the secret from you. Anyone who claims I'm lying is lying.

sigooner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Firmware version (like 5.0.1 or 5.1) is different from modem firmware (3.10.xx) which is actually your baseband.

Firmware matters when jailbreaking
Baseband matters when unlocking

ok does that mean i can safely jailbreak it to untethered 5.0.1?

also can you help with my other problem?

thanks alot

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

thanks alot

You can't get 5.0.1 anymore which is why you can't jailbreak it unless you're already on 5.0.1. You will have to either jailbreak the version you're on now or 5.1 but 5.1 is tethered for non-A5 devices.

Not sure about your other problem.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

thanks alot

OK, I will assume you have an iPhone4 and wish to jailbreak it on 5.0.1
If it is already on 5.0.1, use Redsn0w for an untethered jailbreak
If it is not on 5.0.1, you need hash and APTicket saved for 5.0.1

You can unlock your baseband on 5.0.1 using a Gevey sim

sigooner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks for all ur help

Its on jailbroken on 4.2.1 at the moment, what is hash and APTicket saved 5.0.1 and how do i get it?

Also do i need to unlock my baseband or not???

thanks guys i realise these may be annoying questions but i am new to this and really have no idea. thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.