Modem for airport

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aresinferno, Nov 10, 2008.

1. aresinferno macrumors regular

Hello, i have recently purchased an apple time capsule and airport express. The idea was to replace our current belkin router that stops working every few hours and disconnects certain people connected to it when someone else connects or disconnects.
    When we ordered the routers, we thought it would be a good idea because it allows for wireless backup and printer sharing aswell as airtunes.
    I have spent a while trying to get it to work with no luck. I assumed that, like my old belkin router, it had a built in modem. Turns out that it doesn't.
    I like in the UK so i get my broadband through the telephone line, unlike those who get it through cable.

I am looking for a good suitable (DSL) modem that i could find nearby or order from the internet. I have searched for one but again, no luck. Any help would be useful. Thanks.

2. Doctor Doom macrumors member

i use the Netgear DM111P. its a straight modem and nothing else, connected to my extreme and never had a problem with it, plus its white so it matches (yeah i know, sad:rolleyes:)

3. aresinferno thread starter macrumors regular

Anybody tried this one: Here

Seen some bad reviews on that one but it is an option. Any benefits of using an external one rather than an internal one?