Modern buckle sizing help needed

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Uccle, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Uccle, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

Uccle macrumors regular

Went to try-on today. I have ~165mm wrists and after trying on both 38 & 42 watches I ended up happy with the 38mm. Both looked just fine. The 42mm looked more like a sports watch and for this go round I wanted something that would work for more occasions so the 38mm really looked great (and not like a bulbous chiclet).

But that's not my current problem. Tried the modern buckle in both medium and large. I fit the medium on the last hole and the large on the smallest hole for a snug fit. Argh!!

So I'm concerned the medium won't work if I walk a long distance and my wrists swell. But if the band stretches at all, the large won't work either. The modern buckle leather is rather thin and might be prone to stretching (?).

Anyone here have experience with (thin) leather bands and which way might be the best to go?

2. Wildgift macrumors 6502

Life being what it is, I would go for the large.

3. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Keep in mind, this band is not likely to stretch much or at all thanks to the Vectran weave built into it.

4. Uccle thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys! That reconfirms the apple rep's suggestion to go with the large.