Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
I actually I have two Apple TV boxes. And I guess it may be the level I am at right now. Cause I don't know if anyone is having issues. But as soon as I start playing I get a blank white screen and it kicks me back to the main screen. Notice a few other games that crashes also in the middle of playing. Not sure if there is a way to telling the dev of these games of the problems that I am having.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
I actually I have two Apple TV boxes. And I guess it may be the level I am at right now. Cause I don't know if anyone is having issues. But as soon as I start playing I get a blank white screen and it kicks me back to the main screen. Notice a few other games that crashes also in the middle of playing. Not sure if there is a way to telling the dev of these games of the problems that I am having.
I have had the same problem with MC5. It crashes quite a bit.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Works flawlessly so far her. Great that they ported this game to tvOS. Another bonus is that it supports iCloud saves.

Quick question. Does the game save from Apple TV to Apple TV only, or will it read my account and transfer to/from my iPad story progress. (I still need to get a MFI controller for the ATV, too much work to unpair and repair the micro madcatz controller I already own.)

loekf

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2015
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Quick question. Does the game save from Apple TV to Apple TV only, or will it read my account and transfer to/from my iPad story progress. (I still need to get a MFI controller for the ATV, too much work to unpair and repair the micro madcatz controller I already own.)

For me, it took my saved progress on my iPad ONLY after I played the intro level (rushing through Venice ?? and shooting from a boat etc..). It then wants to save progress and asks you to choose between a new account/save and your iCloud save).

Get a Steel Series Nimbus, highly recommended.

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
Works flawlessly so far her. Great that they ported this game to tvOS. Another bonus is that it supports iCloud saves.
For some reason it is crashing constantly. When trying to load some of the campaign levels, it will load to a certain point, then crash to the AppleTV home. The only way around it is to open a multiplayer match first, back out of it, then go to the campaign level and it works. Very strange. But it does it consistently. I am going to delete and re-download the game to see if it gets better. I love the game and the new Apple TV for gaming. I've given my kids the WiiU and the XboxOne. I am now just playing my racing games on my Mac Pro and everything else on my AppleTV.

And as it was stated above, the Steel Series Nimbus controller is a must have in my opinion.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
For me, it took my saved progress on my iPad ONLY after I played the intro level (rushing through Venice ?? and shooting from a boat etc..). It then wants to save progress and asks you to choose between a new account/save and your iCloud save).

Get a Steel Series Nimbus, highly recommended.

Thanks. I muddled through the intro with the Siri remote, then saw the option to use my Game Center account. I prefer the Xbox stick layout, and may pick up a controller to dedicate to the Apple TV in a few weeks.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Still crashes for me. Nothing helps. Maybe it's not ready for prime time yet? Cause I noticed there are a few game loft games available. But you have to do a name search for them. They aren't featured anywhere in the App Store. So maybe they were released prematurely?

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Still crashes for me. Nothing helps. Maybe it's not ready for prime time yet? Cause I noticed there are a few game loft games available. But you have to do a name search for them. They aren't featured anywhere in the App Store. So maybe they were released prematurely?

Not sure on the crashes, but it seams like the Apple TV 4 in general is more crash or error prone than the atv3. I had to reboot to get it to play the fx app videos last night.

Interesting note, I searched for gameloft, and it showed all the tv apps (I think) from that publisher. About 5 or six of them in total.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Yes I saw that. 5 gameloft games if you do a search for gameloft. Only one featured in the App Store. Asphalt. You would think Apple would jump to feature gameloft games in the App Store. But for some reason they haven't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.