Modern Warfare 2 on MBP (Boot Camp) - VIDEO

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by BeSweeet, Nov 11, 2009.

1. BeSweeet macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCzB24lexB8&fmt=22

"A quick video showing Modern Warfare 2 on a 15" MacBook Pro. Specs are below. It was played in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit using Boot Camp (since virtual machines will never ever be good enough to play something like this).

++GAME SETTINGS++
    1280x720
    'Normal' texture settings
    Other settings shown in the video

++SPECS++
    2.66GHz C2D
    1440x900
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    320GB HDD
    9600M GT (256MB)
    Windows 7 Professional x64

This was recorded with FRAPS. It brought the frame rate down by at least 1/2 of what the game could get without it.

As for the game, it plays great at 1440x900 with Extra texture settings. Looks very nice."

I play at 800x600 because the framerate is really amazing. Plus, since everything is more jagged, I can stand still, and see if there's anyone walking around :D.

2. fongyuen macrumors 6502

nice video, i'm surprised there's not more chatter about this game on this forum. i was also pleasantly surprised last night when i played it for the first time how smooth it was running on 1280x800. smoother than cod waw i believe on the same machine.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Cool.

Tip, you'll kill faster if you zoom and aim for the head. (and have good aim).

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I don't want to sound unappreciative or come across as a donkey, but to be honest I don't see the point in the video if you were able to run at higher settings and full res - then that's the video I would have liked to have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw0tAViAKHA

Here for example it at least gives you a better idea of how the game 'could' look as to how lowering the settings does.

5. BeSweeet thread starter macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

I wasn't going to record my MBP playing the game. When I look for videos of games being played on a MBP, I like to see the actual recording of the game, not someone playing the game on their laptop. You can actually see what the game will truly look like at a certain graphical level.

I hate seeing videos like that. He barely gave any descriptions as to his exact specs and game details.

6. fongyuen macrumors 6502

BeSweeet, what did you use to record ur footage? i just played the game for the 2nd time and i was able to set it on 1920x1200, 2x AA, specular, and high textures and it ran surprisingly smooth.

7. BeSweeet thread starter macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

I used FRAPS.

I'm going to try this game on my 55" 1080p LCD to see how it runs (through miniDP>VGA).