Modified Non Genuine Lifeproof for iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by g4manimac, Sep 21, 2013.

1. g4manimac, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

g4manimac macrumors 6502

Just thought I'd post some pics of my modified lifeproof case to work with my new iphone 5s.Yes it is just untill I can get something better but it went pretty well and works perfect,I got a hole started with a razor and then I had a sandpaper wheel that was the perfect size to bore it out with a dremel.

Attached Files:

2. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

You just cut a hole in an $80 case... :confused:

Now you completely ruined the main purpose of the case, it's waterproof quality. You might as well have bought another case for the time being man.

3. g4manimac thread starter macrumors 6502

No actually I cut a hole in a $8.99 case so I wouldnt ruin the purpose of getting a $700 phone and actually be able to use the fingerprint sensor.I dont much care for the cases that have no protection at all surrounding the screen,I've got one of the new otter boxes ordered so it will be here in due time.

4. Iceboie macrumors member

Where do you found a genuine Lifeproof iPhone 5 case for $8.99?

5. uttamo macrumors member

This. It wasn't genuine if it cost $9.

6. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Looks good! Just don't take it out for a swim with you ;)

7. g4manimac thread starter macrumors 6502

No its definatly not genuine but regardless thats neither here nor there because I would have cut a hole in it either way,just showing what I did not recommending it and not claiming anything and I guess I'll change the title to FAKE lifeproof case mod?:confused: who cares ,,, Anybody got any links to cases that offer superior protection besides the otter box I already got one of those ordered till I see what else is gonna hit the market.