Modifying config file for OEM Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by fabeschan, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabeschan macrumors newbie

Hi, quick question here:

I have recently got hold of a copy of OEM Leopard which is model-specific to the new MacBooks, I would like to install it to my older macbook but of course the installer doesn't allow it.

I have also read that a simple modifying of a file in the Install Disk would allow it to install, but after many hours of googling I still cannot find how exactly to do that. (Where this file is, what to edit with...etc)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Go to the Apple Store, buy a copy of Leopard. It's worth it.

3. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

You won't get an answer here.

Buy a retail copy.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

There is no such thing as OEM Leopard. OEM products are those sold to manufacturers for supply with a new machine. Apple produce both the hardware and the software so they have no need to sell OEM copies of the OS to other manufacturers: there are none.

What you have is a restore disk supplied with a Mac. That copy if Leopard is only licensed for the Mac it was shipped with: installing it on any other Mac is a civil, and potentially criminal offence.

5. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

umm yeah...you can't legally modify it, if it's possible at all. buy a copy and stop trying to "get one over on the man.":D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.