Modifying Google Contacts on iOS apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Achiever, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

I am using Google Contacts for storage and syncing (with third party apps & services) of several thousand contacts for my business. I do not want these contacts to into my Contacts app as I want that kept clean for friends and family only. I had hoped that the Gmail app on iOS would give access to contacts to view, inspect, delete, modify, etc. but that does not appear to be the case. I also don't see a Google Contacts standalone app on the App Store.

Am I missing something? Is there a third party app which allows me to do this on iOS? I want to be able to use my phone or iPad to go through these things and not need to log in through a web browser. Thanks in advance.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Have you tried any of the apps that claim to sync with Google Contacts?

3. Achiever thread starter macrumors 6502

Achiever

I have, but the problem is, I think they just since the GC to Contacts in iOS. Ideally, I want to keep the GC OUT of my iOS Contacts app. I am looking for a standalone app which syncs with GC and allows me to manipulate then therein.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You can have Contacts from a Gmail account syncing with your iPhone but have the "Group" unchecked in the Contacts app itself so that you don't see them...if that makes any difference.