Modifying my MacBook Pro 15" i5 order...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matttung, Apr 17, 2010.

1. matttung macrumors member

I ordered the new i5 Macbook Pro (Mid-end with 2.53GHz proc. / MC372ZP/A) last night - Friday 16th - default options.

And after careful consideration, I've decided that the higher-res screen would be a better choice.

I checked out using the Guest Checkout function, meaning that I can't change my order online. - okay, so Apple says that you can change it by calling them - oops.

Here's the problem: the MBP ships in 24 hours, and it's been 24 hours now but the online status check says that it's unshipped- If I call Apple now to change my order, they won't pick up since nobody's working right now.
    The closest time from now for them to pick up calls is Monday 9AM (I'm ordered in Hong Kong, so 9am gmt+8)

[​IMG]

I am well aware that Apple only allows modification of orders before they ship the product-

So is there anyway I can modify my order, without going online/calling Apple? Or am I stuck with the default screen res? :/

Thanks!
    ~matt.

2. Jdh2425 macrumors newbie

My order was sitting in not yet shipped and I called apple and they put my order on hold and said I could make changes to the config

3. matttung thread starter macrumors member

Can you do that in non-working hours? I'm in Hong Kong, and Apple's working hours are from Monday~Friday, 10am~6pm GMT+8

Thanks,
    ~matt.

4. koyou macrumors newbie

I'm in Hong Kong too, and from my experience, they don't proceed your order in weekend. Try to call the hotline in Monday's morning and see if they can change it.

5. matttung thread starter macrumors member

Oh sweet, thanks for telling me that :)
    Hopefully, what you said is true-

What I was planning to do, was to cross my fingers, hope that the orders remains as 'Not yet Shipped' until Monday~

Finally, a good night of sleep!

Thanks,
    ~matt.