Modifying the dock is pretty easy(even w/out using terminal)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by danredwing, Nov 8, 2007.

1. danredwing macrumors member

I've read thru this whole thread and really enjoyed the great designs that everyone has come up with. I also found some great designs over here

I'm not great with the terminal and the thought of fiddling with my computer and potentially deleting important files kinda freaked me out.

I had a friend that showed me that you don't really need to use it to do many of these mods.

I've done all of mine in finder by just dragging the old files out of the correct folder into a folder on the desktop and then dragging the new modded files in to replace them. It does make me authenticate the changes each time, but I've been having a great time experimenting with a lot of different designs.

Of course make sure that you put originals in a safe place so you can go back.

Anytime that you change the dock files, you can just switch the dock orientation and then change it back to reload the dock.

For reverting back to the original dock and for a great dark glassy dock, the installer that was posted about is really great as well.

All of the instructions are correct from Here. Just look at the locations of the files, go there and find the right files.

Oh, one more thing, if you just remove the scurve files from the 'contents' folder, the dock becomes transparent but still has all the same reflective properties.

Hope that you have as much fun as I have!

Dano

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs