ModNation Racers | Alan Wake.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, May 5, 2010.

1. MRU Suspended

MRU

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

This month I'm getting 3D Dot Game Heroes, Red Dead Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and ModNation Racers.

ModNation looks awesome, and I loved the beta -- expect for the... beta bugs (lag), but it sounds like those are mostly gone. Alan Wake looks pretty awesome, but it might be a little short. I'm tempted, and I've got a chance at getting some extra money... if that happens, I'll probably get it, if not I really need to save for college spendings :p.

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Definitely picking up ModNation Racer.

MRU, I sent you friend-add requests today, maybe we can race in a few weeks. (I found two different PSN ID's in different threads, so I sent adds to both... :confused: )

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Busy month. Alan Wake, Galaxy 2 and Red Dead... ugh... Might wait on Alan Wake since it seems like a $30 game for me (8 hour campaign doesn't = $60 anymore for me...) and maybe wait on Red Dead.

Watching the Alan Wake quick look on Giantbomb got me excited though. Lighting looks a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

5. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Mod Nation Racers was great with the beta was really fun and I'm not even a Racing genre fan I'll probally pick it up but I'm also trying to save up for a Air Port Extreme since my current router is on the fridnge of dying two ports are acting up other than that its ok and i coudl use a new router with beter coverage to

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

The $20 gift card w/ Amazon pre-order sold me on Red Dead. Galaxy comes with $20 in game credit too!

(on top of that, I have a ton of Amazon credit, so this entire month + more will cost $0)

7. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Here, you forgot these: , . . , .

They would have made your post readable. ;)

8. MRU thread starter Suspended

MRU

Sugar!!!!

Just checked release calendar. Too many games this month :rolleyes:

So for me its...

Lost Planet 2
    Alan Wake
    3D Dot Heroes
    Prince of Persia : Forgotten Sands
    Red Dead Redemption
    Modnation Racers
    Split Second
    Lego Harry Potter Yrs 1-4

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I need to get selective :D

9. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Whoa, busy month! :eek:

I'll probably pick up ModNation at release. Red Dead Redemption whenever I get tired of Just Cause 2's open world (could be sooner or later...).

3D Dot Heros looks like fun, but really I still need to beat my current playthrough of A Link To The Past. That's the exact same kind of fun, and I don't need to spend more money on it! :)

Split/Second....I guess I'll try the demo. But I doubt I will buy another racing game until they make another Burnout that's better than Paradise.

10. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Just read up on Alan Wake a little. Every 12 months or so, along comes an XBox exclusive that makes me a little jealous. Guess it's that time of the year again! :D The good news is, the games which have made me jealous so far ended up on PS3 a year later as well (Bioshock, Monkey Island...). Maybe there is hope... :rolleyes:

11. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Played the Split/Second demo today, and it left me feeling "meh". It's obviously a one-trick-pony, and it does its one trick pretty well. It just doesn't really do much for me besides make me play more Burnout Paradise. :D I think Criterion just really nailed that genre for me. There's a reason why Burnout is my only platinum trophy. :rolleyes:

12. MRU thread starter Suspended

MRU

Been playing Alan Wake collectors edition. It's great, and it looks amazing. Remedy were right, sub-HD is not an issue when post processing, textures, draw distance, special effects & lighting are all as good as this. Up with the likes og God of War 3 as one of the prettiest games this gen (in a murky town sort of way).

Also been playing 3D dot heroes. Good, very Zelda nostalgia..

13. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

If Alan Wake is still $50 on Amazon next week I might get it. But I've got too many games that I'm currently playing.

14. MRU thread starter Suspended

MRU

Got Modnation today.... :).

No time to play it yet though :(

15. macfan881 macrumors 68020

had just about to order Mod Nation racers till i saw amazon had God of War 3 on sale for 43 with a $10 future purchase card so i think ill pick up GOW 3 first since i have yet to purchase that and its on sale to and MNR will be my future purchase with tha card.

16. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

Just loaded Mod Nation up. Time to crack open a Yuengling and go racing

17. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

So what's the general take on Modnation? Worth the price of admission?

Still planning to pick it up, but I simply have too many games to play right now...

18. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

So at least a couple of you have been playing Modnation Racers for a few weeks now.

What's the verdict? As good as it looks on paper? Online play any good?

Still trying to decide if/when I should pick it up.

19. DdMac679 macrumors member

DdMac679

I think you should rent it first. It hasn't been a game that's held my attention since buying it.