Mods: Can we have a 3.0 sticky thread?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by yalag, Mar 20, 2009.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

Can we have a 3.0 sticky thread? I mean seriously, 9 out of 10 people do not understand what beta means. :(

2. Requiemm macrumors regular

Better yet, can we get a Beta Tester sub forum? This is turning into a 2 edged problem. On one side are the "WOOT, new software. It doesn't work, Apple sucks!" crowd that doesn't understan the concept of "Beta" and on the other we have the people who can't understand the need for Beta discussion of bugs prior to submitting them to Apple.

Maybe a sub-forum would help a bit.

Just my $.02

3. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

well a place to teach the first group is good. but a place for the second group to discuss is bad, because the SDK is under NDA...:eek:

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Maybe a little more specific than just 3.0.

Like "If you're running 3.0, don't bitch because it isn't perfect. It's a beta." or something along that line. And maybe a second "iPhone 3.0 bug thread" (sticky the one we already have; it's coming along nicely) and "iPhone 3.0 features (there's one of those too).

5. Requiemm macrumors regular

I could be wrong, (and often am), but I don't believe the NDA keeps you from discussing bugs with other testers. I believe we aren't supposed to post screenshots and/or release tons of info about the exciting new features.

Please correct me if i have the wrong impression.