Mods: Can we please get stickies for common subjects?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by AR15MBP, Jul 28, 2010.

1. AR15MBP macrumors regular

title says it all. kinda tired of seeing the same subjects over and over again. should i get ipad, ipad 2 predictions, wifi issues, etc. being a day 1 ipad owner, i'm sure i'm not the only one who sees the same threads over and over, and would like to see new and exciting subjects.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You should probably just stop browsing the forums altogether, then. I'd guess 90% of the questions or issues posted in any given forum have been answered before.

3. AR15MBP thread starter macrumors regular

90% of forums have stickies for common subjects so that duplicate threads aren't created....like every subforum on macrumors.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Well if the goal was to have the entire first page of threads consist of stickies, that'd be a great idea. The best thing to do is report duplicate threads to be merged.

5. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

I agree with OP. These "should I buy iPad?" and "I'm not happy with iPad because I don't know how/why to use it" should be their own singular topic(s).

Should also have positive threads stickied, such as the iPad tricks and tips thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=889124 and maybe a thread on how to get movies on iPad (Handbreak and import to iTunes or download AirVideo and do live streaming) since I've seen a number of those in the past week.

6. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

One of the sticky threads should be a thread for asking mods to create sticky threads for common subjects.

7. AR15MBP thread starter macrumors regular

perfect! in that scenario my wish for stickies would be answered!

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

There is a forum (i forget where so search for it) for macrumors site suggestions. Go post there.

Edit:Here it is.

9. mrathee macrumors 6502

Maybe they should just delete the forums.

that way you can pretend like there are new topics.

its win win.

10. King Luis macrumors 6502

a good way to keep sections clutter free and easy to find certain things is to have 1 thread about a topic, not a million. when you create a sticky, you have that 1 thread at the top for all to see and post in there making other new threads actually have a chance of being read.

now i may be wrong but it seems like mods are overloaded that they can let multiple threads (5 or even more) be created at the same time and they will not get merged or anything.

it's happening in every section and what doesn't help is smart ass comments from members mocking every thread made as some of you already have in this thread.

11. AR15MBP thread starter macrumors regular

great! that way asinine and pointless comments like this will disappear forever!

thank you. this is all i'm saying.

12. AR15MBP thread starter macrumors regular

given the ridiculousness of repetitive threads the last few days, BUMP! not trying to be oppressive here, but it's the same threads over and over.

13. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Then just stop reading them. Stickies don't help much because people don't read them or do searches. Most users miss the entire Guides area that answers thousands of threads on here. All you can do is report threads because this problem will never go away.

14. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Don't expect anything to happen, people generally ignore any type of searching and it really gets on my nerves sometimes.. We could do with some kind of limit before they can make a thread, as they all seem to be users who have zero posts..