mods can you delete this pot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GetSwole37, Sep 13, 2017.

1. GetSwole37 macrumors member

I was looking at Apple upgrade program. based on the 12 months, i will have paid a total of $498 for the year. considering that I will get $425 credit for my phone when I upgrade to the next phone (if i decide to go with the 8 plus), that means I will have spent $75 dollars to use the phone I have. That isnt bad if you like using the most recent updated phone that Apple offers.

Eventually, i will have to pay for the back end year 2, but that isn't so bad when you look at the year.

however, if I wait for the X, that is two additional months and that is about $157 for the year. That to me is a bit screwed up. After this run, I may have to be a late adopter (3-4 months later) so that this scenario doesn't play up again.

2. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

But it's just a finance loan, you're renting a device/handset.
    You still have to pay one way or the other...

3. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

That’s not how it works. The credit covers the part of the phone you haven’t yet paid for.

4. GetSwole37 thread starter macrumors member

i totally get that.. obviously, I am still on the hook for the last 12 months. however, lets say I decided to keep it and sell it after year 2. at year two, even if i get the same amount, i actually would have paid 996 dollars.. at 2 years old even if I sell for $500. I would have paid close to $500 to use that phone.

its funny numbers, and of course if i ever decide to not upgrade and keep the phone, I will have to at least have paid around $600 for the phone regardless.

5. alent1234 macrumors 603

there is no credit

you pay the year, trade your phone in for a new one and continue paying

6. GetSwole37 thread starter macrumors member

we

well that sucks. ok. thanks for the info. I talked to them last night and I thought this would be how it works.

7. leesweet macrumors 65816

leesweet

If you want a thread deleted, report it. Mods can't read every thread/post there is :)

8. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

9. Droidbricker Suspended

Droidbricker

No? I deleted my share of it back in the day.