MODS: Too many topics about every single [Apple Watch] models shipping!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by MrLoL, May 13, 2015.

1. MrLoL, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

Can't there be a section only for order updates with a topic for each model?
    This section is getting flooded with order status and it's kind of annoying :(

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

At product launches, MacRumors turns into a cheap hotel at spring break. Don't worry, all the puking teenagers will be gone soon, once they get their watches.

3. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

Agree. Maybe just sticky them or something, so we don't have to see them moving about the forum. I can understand the anticipation game (I was once there!:D), but they tend to bury the real Apple Watch topics.

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I agree, it's terribly annoying. But hopefully things will settle down soon.

5. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

To be fair, there are also quite a few threads about how there are too many threads :p

6. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Lets see then?

7. philbo7 macrumors regular

philbo7

Make Orders Its Own Forum?

Mods, can you move all the "Order" threads to its own forum alongside the "Accessories" and "Apps" forums? I think that would help both the "watch waiters" and the "watch wearers" with less scrolling through stuff that doesn't apply to them.

8. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

Seconded... Should be an easy enough criteria to fork a sub-forum

9. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

I agree, this is becoming a real headache. Can we not have a sub section for those awaiting orders now?

10. MrLoL thread starter macrumors 6502

MrLoL

Hopefully this will be done, I wanna see other things than shipping topics :)

11. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I agree. Please put them all in a separate area.

12. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Wait your looking for a mod to clean up the MR forums? Bahahahahaha stop it

13. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Once people get their watches it will all calm down in here, setting up a different section would be a temporary solution at best. For the most part, people have been pretty good about keeping it in their respective forums and the rest are easy enough to ignore.

Just my .02

14. Jrdn13crvr macrumors regular

Whos to say you all shouldn't be moved to your own channel? I think the great thing about Macrumors is you can see a variety of content and help each other out on a variety of question types. Unfortunately you most likely were one of those 'order tracking' people just a few weeks ago

15. MrLoL, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

MrLoL thread starter macrumors 6502

MrLoL

I still don't see why there should be a topic for every single order of strap combinations, sizes and delivery dates all over a section about the product itself.
    Why would I be personally interested in the shipping of other's models when I already received mine?

In my opinion, orders topics aren't considered as "content", and they take atleast 70% of this section which is really annoying when finding real topics or stories about the product.

16. irentamac macrumors regular

irentamac

Because even in these subdivided threads, its hard to keep up with everything.

17. pnd4pnd macrumors member

couldnt agree more. this whole forum is mostly about shipping.

18. Randizzledante macrumors regular

What's the point of of all those threads anyway? Misery loves company?

19. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

What it's about is today's utterly self centered, entitled, self serving youth, who think nothing of taking over an entire website to suit their own needs, because they've been coddled and repeatedly told they're SOOPER SPESHUL their entire lives by their spineless parents.

20. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

Tip of the day: you're not forced to read topics you don't wanna read. On top: you should be able to differentiate by the headlines which topics to read or not. If not: I don't feel sorry. It's your own fault.

21. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

22. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Myself and a couple other mods discussed this and we are of the opinion this is a temporary issue that will blow over once the bulk of the watches are delivered, so a new forum section is not needed.

We have been trying to limit threads to a reasonable number. If you see a new order tracking thread that looks like the topic would fit in an existing thread, please report [​IMG] the thread and we can take a look.

23. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

And can you please include a link to the existing thread. :)