Moivie trailers app missing from UK region

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by trevorc, Nov 4, 2015.

1. trevorc macrumors newbie

trevorc

I can see that Movie trailers app if I sign in as region USA but it is not available for the UK region. I dont understand why this is the case as I have frequenctly used this app in ATV 3 boxes. Now I have no way of viewing upcoming cinema releases other than plugging in the old TV3 box to do so which is just plain nuts!

2. Jeaz macrumors 6502

Jeaz

While this is odd, it's not a new thing.

The "Trailers" app by Apple, has been around for a couple of years and always been US only. Don't ask me why.
    But as you say, with the Apple TV, we've still been able to enjoy the trailers through the built-in one.

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer for you. Unless Apple changes this, you'll have to rely on YouTube and other sources for your movie trailers.

3. TrueBlou, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015

TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

You could give the Cinepass Trailers app a go, it's what I'm using until Apple pulls their finger out and does a trailers app.

Oh yeah, also, if you use Plex you can install the Apple Trailers channel and get access to them that way.

4. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

Get yourself setup with a US iTunes account, download the trailers app, switch back to UK account.

Job done