Mojave and Bluetooth Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Black Ninja Original, May 31, 2019.

1. Black Ninja Original macrumors newbie

Black Ninja Original

Hi guys!

After the flawless update (clean install) to Mojave (thanks TSIALEX) my magic mouse is getting slow in some moments...
    I ‘ve tried delete the Bluetooth preferences and mouse, reset the Bluetooth module (Debug) and reset SMC but nothing really solved ...
    I didn’t had this problem on High Sierra ... Or previous OS...

Is there any incompatibility or bug with the Mac Pro Bluetooth board on Mojave?

Has Mojave changed anything on Bluetooth that may be causing this problem? Maybe Bluetooth power...

The only different thing I did was to replace the original video card with the Quatro K5000. Maybe the size of the K5000 is disturbing the Bluetooth signal...

I've always heard about MP and Bluetooth problems. But it was never a problem for me, my mouse always worked fine ... Until I installed Mojave ... very strange ...
    I don’t have any PCIe USB3 card installed !

Any clue?

(MacPro 8 cores 5.1, Nvidea QUADRO K5000 for Mac, 32 GB RAM, Samsung 860 EVO. Firmware 141.0.0.0.0)

2. h9826790 macrumors G5

h9826790

I am also using the original Magic Mouse in Mojave. No issue so far, the Link Quality stay at 100%.
    Screenshot 2019-06-02 at 2.04.00 AM.png

But I have a BT4.2 / Wifi ac card. Not sure if that make any difference.

If feels like interference, the first thing I will try is switch OFF 2.4GHz wifi.

3. Black Ninja Original thread starter macrumors newbie

Black Ninja Original

Thanks! But you have one better card... Mine still the original...
    What puzzles me is that before the Mojave update and Nvidea K5000 this problem did not happen...

4. tsialex macrumors 601

tsialex

Bluetooth problems are tricky, my upstairs neighbor has a HP printer that completely trashes all my Mac Pro BT signals when in use. Took me months to identify what was happening with my Magic Mouse and trackpad.

Sometimes you just can’t win.

5. Black Ninja Original thread starter macrumors newbie

Black Ninja Original

Maybe one external antenna will solve my Bluetooth problem ... What do you guys think?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 1, 2019 ---
    I would love to install a more modern Bluetooth card but here in Brazil these things are kind of hard and expensive to find ...

6. crjackson2134 macrumors 601

crjackson2134

It's worth a try... Like @h9826790, I too have an upgraded card...

7. h9826790 macrumors G5

h9826790

I personally highly suggest external antenna

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ittently-disconnecting.2025450/#post-24146998

8. Black Ninja Original thread starter macrumors newbie

Black Ninja Original

Thanks guys!
    I’ll try the external antena Solution!
    Does anyone know the correct size of the internal cable (card to PCI metal port? I do not find any of 60cm or 50cm... 25cm works?