Mojave and Pressure Sensitivity in Photoshop

aevan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Not sure if this was macOS or Photoshop issue, but in the first Public Beta, pressure detection from pressure sensitive tablets (like Wacom or iPad Pro and Astropad) didn't work in Photoshop. Anyone has any idea if this was fixed? (if anyone is running the GM and has the latest version of Photoshop and a tablet)

Thanks.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Not fixed yet, touch- and pressure-based drivers have been generally unstable to this point. I open an Activity Monitor window and put it on one of my displays - touch drivers tend to quit when pinching/zooming occur, pressure drivers quit randomly. No fix yet. I tend to not bother the devs until a final version of an OS is out, the Wacom devs are pretty firm on this in my experience...

aevan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Not fixed yet, touch- and pressure-based drivers have been generally unstable to this point. I open an Activity Monitor window and put it on one of my displays - touch drivers tend to quit when pinching/zooming occur, pressure drivers quit randomly. No fix yet. I tend to not bother the devs until a final version of an OS is out, the Wacom devs are pretty firm on this in my experience...
Thanks for the reply. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Crash0veride

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2016
Cincinnati
Read compatibility wiki page, fix listed right in-line with photoshop.

All pressure apps need to be added to accessibility in security preferences.

Reactions: aevan

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
And.... In that wiki you'll see my comments about the Wacom Touch/Tablet drivers, although not technically "apps". Not here for contradiction, tho' - both Win10 and macOS updates are anticipated around mid-October, Wacom anticipates driver updates in late October at the latest. FWIW several of the apps I use likely won't be certified until early November at the earliest. Cheers.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Thanks for the reply. Hope it gets fixed soon.
A few set of drivers I rely on had updates pushed today, including Wacom (for the latest version of Intuos Pro tablets we're using). The latest Wacom update is 6.3.31-3 - it apparently has addressed the instability issues we've experienced with our tablets. In Touch, scrolling/panning/zooming/Smart Zooming all work as expected now. With the styli, all works as expected. The Touch Ring works as expected.

I personally tested Apple Maps, PS CC, Illy CC, Motion, Keynote, and Logic Pro X. Zero issues, zero crashes - brushes looked as I'd expect, smooth operation. I use my Wacom tablet connected via USB, I haven't tried my wireless option (yet).

I thought I'd report the update. Very happy now with my Wacom and Contour devices now. :D Cheers!

I'll be updating my wiki entries.

CreeptoLoser

Suspended
Jul 28, 2018
Birmingham, Alabama
Not sure if this was macOS or Photoshop issue, but in the first Public Beta, pressure detection from pressure sensitive tablets (like Wacom or iPad Pro and Astropad) didn't work in Photoshop. Anyone has any idea if this was fixed? (if anyone is running the GM and has the latest version of Photoshop and a tablet)

Thanks.
For some reason Wacom removed the 6.3.31-3 drivers for Mojave. I had them installed on High Sierra, worked fine, then after clean install of Mojave GM I went back to Wacom’s site and the drivers are gone.

aevan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
For some reason Wacom removed the 6.3.31-3 drivers for Mojave. I had them installed on High Sierra, worked fine, then after clean install of Mojave GM I went back to Wacom’s site and the drivers are gone.
I noticed that! However, after installing the latest drivers currently available and after giving Photoshop permissions in accessibility - the pressure sensitivity works in Mojave.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
There was a bug in the *-3 driver, they issued a *-4 driver this morning (PST), a few hours ago... No issues with the updated driver (yet...).

Claudia P

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2016
When I first ran Photoshop after the Mojave update I had no pressure sensitivity at all. I updated Photoshop and still no pressure, then I closed Photoshop and reopened it and pressure sensitivity was back and working perfectly. That was all before I updated to the latest update for Wacom, I checked again after updating the Wacom driver and absolutely perfect pressure sensitivity. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.