Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
Back in the days when Apple actually put more effort info completing the OS before it was released.
Dark Mode in Mojave, is not release quality AFAIK. It's a nice start but it is alpha level in development.

Can't read the text in search fields, the flouro yellow highlight doesn't change to allow text colour inversion when using command + F in text edit when text is different than white.

Mail's Activity Window is still white, Sticky Notes didn't get an update.

Bold white text looks blurry on a dark background, they ought to use a semi bold or a sharper font.

Strange black 0,0,0 boarders around windows and they using 0,0,0 RGB pixels to radius the corners, looks terrible, either get rid of window corner radiuses or use the same colour as the rest of the window.

High Tech did it right 2 years ago

Attachments

• MacOS9.Hi-Tech-2.png
    MacOS9.Hi-Tech-2.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 521
  • MacOS9.Hi-Tech-3.png
    MacOS9.Hi-Tech-3.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 441

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
have been running my macs in dark mode since it first appeared in beta; am used to it, like it. but, as saudor said above, "to each their own".

in the real world, everyone has an opinion, and nothing apple (or any tech company) does will please us all.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Mail's Activity Window is still white, Sticky Notes didn't get an update.
If by "Activity Window" you are referring to the mail message window, then I guess I'm just lucky, cause my Apple mail works just fine in Dark mode.
Also, it took awhile but I've grown to really like Dark mode.:D
My setup switches to dark mode at sunset and back to light at sunrise.

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 8.39.32 PM.png

SecuritySteve

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
California
I have no idea what you are talking about. Dark mode for Mac has been great. It is exactly what I wanted, and looks fantastic. The corners of my applications look fine to me, even on various external monitors. I can clearly see what text I have highlighted, and everything looks crisp.

Reactions: nouveau_redneck

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
to each their own
I am using it and like it. I do some time in FCPX and Creative Suite, and these are "dark" so it fits. My wife saw it for the first time yesterday and commented that I was running "hacker mode..."

Something to consider: Check SysPrefs Display/Color and pick through the display profiles for your monitor(s). It made a difference for mine.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I am using it and like it. I do some time in FCPX and Creative Suite, and these are "dark" so it fits. My wife saw it for the first time yesterday and commented that I was running "hacker mode..."

Something to consider: Check SysPrefs Display/Color and pick through the display profiles for your monitor(s). It made a difference for mine.

the quote you posted is not mine; i use (& like) dark mode...

[URL="https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mojave-dark-mode-feels-like-1996-again.2176956/#post-27264892"]Mojave dark mode, feels like 1996 again[/URL]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.