Mojave on 2020 MacBook Air? Is it possible?

Saturn007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Was wondering if one could run Mojave on the 2020 MacBook Air. I would have thought so, but read a comment from someone who said only Catalina or future OSs.

Wanted to find out because I'm still using Word and Excel 2011, and value all the customizations, shortcuts, and interface that I rely on, and that were omitted in later Word/Excel versions.

Even tried Open and Libre Office, but found various glitches — such as problems in defining shortcut keys and the omission of things as basic as sentence selection. Pages has some nice qualities (e.g., instant updating of table of contents), but lacks several features I use all the time. Even smaller matters add up — Pages's Find-Replace is weaker (e.g., no side bar and wildcards) and there is no repeat last command, which is incredibly valuable and I use all the time in Word 2011.

There may be other 32-bit apps, too, that I’d want to run but can't under Catalina.

So, the question is, is it possible to run Mojave on a 2020 MacBook Air or does it require Catalina and forthcoming?

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
Was wondering if one could run Mojave on the 2020 MacBook Air. I would have thought so, but read a comment from someone who said only Catalina or future OSs.

Wanted to find out because I'm still using Word and Excel 2011, and value all the customizations, shortcuts, and interface that I rely on, and that were omitted in later Word/Excel versions.

Even tried Open and Libre Office, but found various glitches and problems — such as problems in defining shortcut keys and the omission of things as basic as sentence selection. Pages has some nice features, but Find-Replace is weaker (e.g., no side bar and wildcards) and there is no repeat last command, which is incredibly valuable and use all the time in Word 2011.

There may be other 32-bit apps, too, that I’d want to run but can't under Catalina.

So, the question is, is it possible to run Mojave on a 2020 MacBook Air or does it require Catalina and forthcoming?
It will not be possible, just as it's not possible with the 16" MacBook Pro.