Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Hi I am actually using my iPad Pro with Apple's Smart Keyboard and I also have it with Apple's official silicon case, althoug I love the materials of the case and the matching colors, I also feel that the case plus the keyboard make the iPad Pro too heavy, because of this I am considering to make the switch for the Apple case.

I've been a long time Moshi consumer and I have always loved their Versa Cover and the variety of positions it allows and built quality is just amazing, I was planning on buying the same, but unfortunately the front of the case can't detach so I can't use it with my keyboard.

Because of this I looked at the Moshi iGlaze case to use it as a combo with the keyboard to make the package a little more lightweight also to make it thinner specially when I detach the keyboard,the only problem is it is a little expensive and I don't know if it's worth it ($40)
http://www.moshi.com/es/iglaze-for-ipad-pro#xt

Because of prize I searched on Amazon for something similar and I found a Clear Polycarbonate Moko iPP Case, it seems very similar to the Moshi but it's only $7 so I'm afraid quality may be too poor.
http://www.amazon.com/Moko-iPad-Pro...1453884828&sr=8-8&keywords=Moko+ipad+pro+case

So I would like to know if any of you has had any expierence with this cases or brands to make my final decision especially because I already regret paying so much for Apple's case when although it may look pretty I think it's not all that practical.

Thanks

Entopia7

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
So I would like to know if any of you has had any expierence with this cases or brands to make my final decision especially because I already regret paying so much for Apple's case when although it may look pretty I think it's not all that practical.

Thanks

I've had Moshi cases in the past and have been impressed with their quality. The Origami cases are particularly cool. You should note that the Moshi case you linked includes a cutout for a smart cover while the one on Amazon does not.

Having seen your post, I'll probably be ordering one of the mosh back covers for myself; I like the feel of the frosted plastic they use in their products. Thanks!

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I've had Moshi cases in the past and have been impressed with their quality. The Origami cases are particularly cool. You should note that the Moshi case you linked includes a cutout for a smart cover while the one on Amazon does not.

Having seen your post, I'll probably be ordering one of the mosh back covers for myself; I like the feel of the frosted plastic they use in their products. Thanks!

The one of Amazon also has the option of oredering with the Smart Keyboard cutout, I also love Moshi but $40 seems a little to expesive for just a plastic case, I think i´ll be ordering the Moko one (after all it's only $6) and if I don't like it I will order the Moshi then. If you get the iGlaze please let me know how it is when you get it! Thanks

Entopia7

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
The one of Amazon also has the option of oredering with the Smart Keyboard cutout, I also love Moshi but $40 seems a little to expesive for just a plastic case, I think i´ll be ordering the Moko one (after all it's only $6) and if I don't like it I will order the Moshi then. If you get the iGlaze please let me know how it is when you get it! Thanks

I ended up ordering one, and I'm quite happy with it. The finish is a frosted clear and feels almost identical to the metal back of the iPad. My only complaint is that I wouldn't mind if the plastic were a bit thinner.

The major difference between the Moshi and the similar cheap case I got from Amazon: the cutouts on the Moshi are perfect. The Amazon case overlapped the speakers slightly which drove me nuts (and I know that's silly).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.