Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaziCo

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2009
SoCal (Orange County)
Yeah I will if I get a replacement. Two emails to them and silence.

Wait till they send you a follow up email, then respond to that one. I also sent them emails directly with no response, it wasn't untill they sent me a follow up email and replied back to that one, is when I got a confirmation they would be sending me a new one.

Btw they got great customer service.

DarkAether

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2010
I got the Poetic Strapback today in the mail. I'll post pics and whether the sleep function works or not

Please start another thread about Poetic cases with your review. These are different cases and it's getting folks confused when they are asking questions about one case and get responses about another.

Perran

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that the power button is hard to use. I take a lot of screen shots, and so need access to the power button even if the sleep-wake function works perfectly. It seems like a strange oversight not to have been aware of the need for access.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I've actually stopped visiting the iPad accessory forum because this case has been perfect for me.

The finish is great, it's slim, sleep/wake works perfectly, the 2 clasps on the left are a breeze to take off to use the angles, and I personally like the front clasp to keep the case closed and secure.

Even better I didn't have to spend $100s looking for a case.

$10 only :D

I tried to like the Lexington but the front flap is pretty flimsy for my liking. It will be going back in the mail this week.

Good luck to all still on the hunt for there perfect case!

St8kout

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
Mine came in Saturday and I'm satisfied. Looks good, feels good, has corner protection, 3 angles of viewing, and the auto on/off works well. Camera hole is dead-on and all switches and plug holes are accessible, has a lip that snaps over the side of the ipad to keep it closed, a handstrap so you don't drop it when it's open, and all at a great price. What more do you want? I noticed Amazon raised the price to $16.99 (I paid $10 and got the free shipping when you spend $25) and it's still a bargain.

I suppose the only thing lacking is a choice of colors but the black looks good to me.

And yeah, has a slight smell like most new products out of the box but it has faded over the last 2 days so I imagine it will be gone soon. Have to hold it up to your nose to smell it, it's not very strong.

Last edited:

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Got my replacement Moko case and auto on/off works perfectly now.

I don't think I will be looking for another case either.

Michael

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Received my MoKo case yesterday and I love it! However, my sleep/wake does NOT work. I've emailed them already and hope to get a replacement soon. Mine was one of the later ones to get shipped and I still got a defective one :( I'm coming from using the smart cover and I keep forgetting to press the sleep/wake to turn off :p

joeybuckets

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2008
ZANESVILLE,OHIO
Got my replacement Moko case and auto on/off works perfectly now.

I don't think I will be looking for another case either.

Michael

how did u go about getting a replacement? i got my case today from amazon and my sleep/wake function doesn't work? do u have a contact email for them?

joey

SporkLover

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
I ordered mine on Saturday, it shipped Tuesday and I got it today!

So far I'm loving it. Not as thin as my smartcover / hardshell back combo... but it's still svelte and looks great.

I hope the leather/leatherette/pleather hold up!

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Has anybody tried this case on an ipad 2 ?

It says it works for both ipad 3 & 2 but all the reviews are for ipad 3

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
I've had this case for a few days now and on my plane ride yesterday I noticed that the small strap that holds the back open has come unsewn. This along with the hand strap makes this my favorite case. Concerned about that little tab though. Hope to hear from customer service soon.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I ordered mine on Saturday, it shipped Tuesday and I got it today!

So far I'm loving it. Not as thin as my smartcover / hardshell back combo... but it's still svelte and looks great.

I hope the leather/leatherette/pleather hold up!

I also use this case in combination with a smart cover/hardshell back combo, spacificly, the Belkin Snap Shield. I like having both options. The folio case provides the best protection and perfect for using the iPad at a desk or proped up on the table while eating. But I just don't find the hand strap useful and seems awkward to use. The strap that holds the case open is nice, but overall it's just not pleasent to handle the iPad this way. It's not the fault of this particular folio case, just the basic concept. Simply having a backshell on when holding the iPad to use it is by far the best. Even better than naked because you have better grip. Plus the edges and back are protected still.

So I use the Moko case mostly outside of my home. My biggest gripe is with sliding the iPad into and out of the case, I'm worried the power button will abrade, particularly since I'm putting it on and off so frequently. Does this seem like a concern to anyone else?

vgtek

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2011
Just got my replacements (for both) in yesterday and they're a lot better. The magnet works and its a lot easier to get the iPad in and out of the clasps a lot and I haven't seen any scratches. They're customer service has been pretty on point

rickyislazy

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
I got the Poetic version today, besides the cover latch fits a bit too tight, it is awesome for the price.

sfi6180

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
Just got my replacements (for both) in yesterday and they're a lot better. The magnet works and its a lot easier to get the iPad in and out of the clasps a lot and I haven't seen any scratches. They're customer service has been pretty on point

I have a question on that point. This is my first case for my first iPad, so I don't know how these things hold up over time. When you have to take the iPad out of the two clasps in order to put the iPad in a viewing position, will that scratch or wear down those corners over time?

In general, I love the case. Ordered it Saturday and got it today. Smart cover works, everything lines up well, doesn't smell, and couldn't be happier.

utwahoo

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2012
FYI: It looks like the cases are back in stock for $18 with free shipping (Amazon Prime).

Judging by everyone's advice, I think I'll pick one up too.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Just got this case today. For the price it is a decent enough case. The quality of the workmanship is quite good and I don't mind the pleather.

What's not working for me is the typing position. It is too low and the next position up in the stand is too high. My other problem is that the clasp somehow catches my screen protector when I open it and the protector gets pulled up every time. That's really not okay for my use. The sleep/awake function works fine. I'm still waiting on the STM Skinny and for Speck to release the new Pixelskin wrap. If the Pixelskin is considerably lighter it truly would be my perfect case. I have the iPad 2 version and like it a lot except for weighing in at 10 oz.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
This seems like a popular case

I tried to find any video reviews on YouTube & found nothing

Very strange , people review every stupid thing

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Got my replacement case and the sleep/wake function works now BUT The latch is very tight when closing the cover. Wonder if this will loosen over time? Anyone else have this problem? I have to push really hard to close it and am afraid I may crack the screen with all that pressure.

sevans31

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
I just received my Moko case today and it is perfect. I love everything about it! I think I even love my iPad even more with it.

Anyways, just thought I'd make a rare post expressing my recommendation for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.