Mole Kart aka Mario Kart in app store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mac.World, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Better get it now, before Apple deletes it, assuming you like Mario Kart on the Wii.

Mole Kart is a Mario Kart rip off. It's currently $2.99 in the app store. Not quite as good as Mario Kart for the Wii, but it's a decent knock off.

2. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

3. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I doubt apple will remove it. It looks like 100% their own work, only the concept is the same. This isn't the first Mario kart inspired game ever.
    Even Nintendo could not complain.

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I just downloaded this game only because it was free but no, this isn't an "inspired" game. It's a blatant stolen property as they have the same exact courses with the same designs. Everything from identical items to the placement of the hazards on the road. It's all just under a different guise with different artwork, textures, and characters. Everything else is Mario Kart. Thankfully the gyroscope controls suck in comparison to the wii remote, so not only does this game rip off Mario Kart but it's a lackluster playing title to boot.

This sheer abundance of copied material is actually so shameful, that I deleted this game after one round. Glad I got this for free and didn't pay this company a dime. I'll make sure to not support this developer ever in the future.

It is one thing to be "inspired", ala Crash Nitro Kart, Sonic All Star Racing, and Gameloft is also a great example of a company who creates content that is clearly inspired by other IPs, but they do not design a level in Modern Combat to have the same exact design of a level in Modern Warfare.