Mom has iPad, no computer....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tammster, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

Mom finally purchased an iPad when her computer stopped working and now that's all she uses. She has a bunch of CDs that she'd like burned to her iPhone/iPad but I'm not sure how that would work since she doesn't have a computer.

I could potentially burn them on my computer for her but how would I get them into HER music library on her devices (and in her iCloud using itunes match)?

2. VolceOntra macrumors 6502

VolceOntra

Since she doesn't have a computer, plugging it into your computer and put the music for her. You won't have a problem.

I also believe you can authorize up to 4 or maybe 5 account to be used one with iOS device - so you can share apps.

3. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

This is what you should do. To keep it neat and clean, create a Guest account on your computer, rip her CDs into iTunes in that user account. Plug in the iPad and move the stuff over.

For backup purposes, she could get an iCloud account with iTunes Match and have the music available on any future devices as well (iPhone, iPod touch, etc).

4. VolceOntra macrumors 6502

VolceOntra

You don't have to create a Guest account. If you don't want her music, you can launch itunes while holding the option key (shift on windows) and it will let you create a new library.