Mom is getting an iphone tomorrow...some questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by puggles, Feb 12, 2011.

1. puggles macrumors regular

I already have an iphone with ATT....would it be possible/cheaper to add her to my plan. Does anybody have a 2 person family plan and know how much they pay a month? I pay $80 for my single plan so if its under $160 im guessing the family plan is the way to go. Are then any drawbacks to having a family plan?

2. perezmarco macrumors member

well it would be good... you will probably end up paying 10 bux less.. (5 ea)....
    the downside is that you will be sharing minutes... i suggest you get the any mobile to any mobile unlimited talk and text plan..i will save u money..

3. iBryton macrumors regular

I went on the ATT website and setup a family plan. It will cost $59.99 for a rollover 550 minutes. The second line is free, so all you have to do is add texting and data. I'm going to go with that you will use 2gb and she will use 200mb. So add $40 a month. Now, it's at $100 a month. You do the texting and there is your total.

4. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

I'm paying 9.99 each for two additional lines how do you get them free?

5. cootersgarage6, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

Yes

Yes, you can add her. It will raise the bill, but not by much. AT&T actually gives discounts for adding people to your plan as a family. But it's still going to be more expensive to add her. And for AT&T the MORE people YOU ADD. the MORE DISCOUNTS you get(:)

6. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

like what?

7. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

I have a family plan with 2 lines ( I have an iPhone and the husband has an android) and we pay about $140-150 a month. I have the 200 mb data plan and he had the 2 gig one. And you can see if your employer offers a discount too, I get like 12% off because I work for Zales

8. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I would say go with ATT family plan, you get more minutes to share, 10 phone number for the A list, unlimited mobile to mobile...

I have 1400 mins, a list, 2gb on one line, and unlimited on the other, unlimited text for both and after the discount I get we pay $170 for both lines...