Mom just died...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by glocke12, Oct 18, 2008.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Hi

Mom died early this morning from sepsis. Dont really have anywhere else to go or anyone else to talk so figured id just drink and ramble here....she died almost two years to the day that my father died....both deaths were right around my birthday...When my dad was alive I talked to he and my mom several times a day, and after my dad passed I took care of my mom for a year until she moved to assisted living this past june...even than I talked to her several times a day...

Not having either of them gone is the most lonely ive ever felt...

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sorry my friend... I lost both of my parents 20 years ago, 8 months apart

My heart goes out to you, it is a tough time, but you will make it
    Hang in there

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I'm so sorry.

It sounds like you were close with both of them. You were lucky to have good parents and a good legacy to build on.

I hope that eventually you can use your birthday to honor their memories, instead of mourn their loss.

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I'm so sorry.:( Like you, I am very attached to my mom. She is the strongest, most loving person I know. She is my hero, my everything. I won't know what to do when the time comes to say goodbye.

We are all here for you if you want to talk. :)

God bless.

5. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

That is really hard. I don't know what I would do if my parents died, I'm really close to them. If you don't mind me asking, how old were they before they died? Did they get to live a full life?

P-Worm

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Damn - I'm sorry to hear that glocke12. I couldn't even begin to believe what you're going through. :(

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

My deepest condolences. It can be really hard, I know. Just remember, this world is still full of people who care about you, and mourn with you.

Things will get better, I promise, and you'll be able to look back on their lives with less sadness, and more happiness.

8. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Im 40, but was VERY devoted to both of them, they were both literally my best friends..My Dad died in 2006 at the age of 74, and my mother died one month shy of her 75th birthday...yes, they lived very full lives....

the thing that tears me apart about my Moms death is that it didnt need to happen...her death was the result of complications from a medical procedre being performed that she didnt really need..

I

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I am truly sorry to hear this. My condolences.

One of my passengers mentioned that the doctors wanted to perform a hysterectomy on her 97-year-old mother, because of bleeding.

She wisely said no (get stuffed was closer to the response).

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So sorry glocke12. My condolences. Sounds like you had great relationships with your parents. That's awesome.

11. TSE macrumors 68030

I am very sorry.

I am 15 years old and I love my parents more than anything, even thinking about one of them dying brings a tear to my eye.

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So sorry.

Please extend my condolences to your family, glocke12.

14. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

It really becomes life part two when you no longer have your folks.

Be thankful for the time you had with them. Lasting marriage is rare these days.

15. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Parents are very important inspirational people in our lives. I feel for people who were never close to their parents. That is always something you can't make up later. Sounds like you had a great relationship with both your parents and that is something you will never forget.

You have my condolences.

16. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Hang in there. I know it's really tough now, but it will get better over time. My Mom died in January 2005, very unexpectedly, and I miss her terribly. I still think about her every day.

My heartfelt condolences on your loss, and try to focus on the good times...

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

sorry to hear that glocke12, i know it must be a lot of emotional pain. be comforted in the memories of them and all that you shared together.
    /hug

18. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

My heart goes out to you as well as my prayers for your grief, and that of your family. Having lost both of my parents I can identify with that alone feeling.

19. doubleohseven macrumors 6502a

doubleohseven

Same here.

I'm so sorry to hear that, glocke12; my prayers and thoughts are with you. Stay strong.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm so sorry to hear that. Both of my parents are dead, and it is very difficult initially. I'm praying for you glocke12.

21. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

22. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Sorry to here that dude..... Remember to eat and drink well!

23. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

So sorry to hear of your loss. I know that someday for me I will be in your same situation and I'll be devastated. It's wonderful that you had such a great relationship with them/her. You'll have that to cherish forever.

24. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

You will be in our prayers.

25. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

i don't want to thread jack but i understand what you are going through.

on saturday october 11th, 5 days after my birthday my mom also passed away. i am 20 years old and she was only 54. she passed away from lung cancer. she was diagnosed about 2 years ago and fought of the cancer very well the first time around, however suffered from 9 brain tumours, and then finally one last tumor on her face that grew. we kept her at home because we are very well kept financially and have 2 care takers, nurses, etc. we kind of set up a private hospital room of our own. family flew in from all around the world - london, hungary, pakistan, dubai, etc.

i was really close to my mom too. i could never imagine a day without her. she was my everything, i talked to her 10 times a day and just liked to say mom. now its so hard to never be able to say it and hear back from her.

anyways i guess i was lucky because i was prepared. for about a month she was deteriorating and especially the last 3 days you could tell as her breathing got bad. she hadn't opened her eyes in 3 days and wouldnt eat. it was truly sad but this has brought me and my dad closer. we werent really that close before but now i have my 2 brother, dad, and sister. plus a loving aunt who is like a second mother, but she lives in hungary.

anyways i know she is in a better place and isn't suffering anymore but i just wish i had more time. things are meant to happen and as hard as it is, time heals everything, and we have support around us.

sorry for your loss and sorry for crashing your thread but like you i had no idea where to go from here.

my condolences.