Mom_Last Name (mail app doing something weird).

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by filmbuff, Jun 19, 2013.

1. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I noticed a while ago that when I send an email to my mom, the address bar will autofill the addressee as "Mom_lastname" (with her actual last name on there). I realized pretty quickly what happened. In her contact info I had her listed as Mom, but her email address lists her with her actual first and last name. Basically my computer things that Mom is her first name.

Here's the weird part: I've fixed her contact info to just say "Mom" (no last name) several times but the last name keeps coming back by itself. I have an iPhone and iPad and the same thing happens on those. I do have three email accounts, but I have set ONLY icloud to sync contacts (so Yahoo isn't syncing contacts or anything like that). So 3 times now, I have gone in icloud and corrected the contact info. Last time I actually went on all of my devices at the same time and changed it just to make sure it was eradicated. That worked for a day, then it came back.

Help?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Be sure to check the Previous Recipients list in Mail.app, if you haven't already.