Moments away....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beanbaguk, Oct 8, 2015.

1. beanbaguk macrumors 6502

beanbaguk

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm moments away from picking up my two new iPhone 6S phone in 64GB. Rose gold and space grey!

I've been at the Apple Store in Marbella, Spain since 7:50 along with about 150 other people!

Exciting stuff!!!

image.jpeg

2. ddkkpp macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

congrats!! i bet your spanish line up is much better dressed than our american line ups! :d

3. beanbaguk thread starter macrumors 6502

beanbaguk

So....still waiting. Guess I can't complain. This is Spain after all and the Spanish are notorious for inefficiency!

There appear to be four Apple employees floating around the entrance high-fiving each other, holding iPads, but not doing much else... lol

Also the local mafia arrived too which is entertaining. I'm sure they group shower with cologne...

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

5. beanbaguk thread starter macrumors 6502

beanbaguk

The excitement is beginning to fade. I'm still queuing and people are beginning to barge in leaving a sour taste in those queuing for almost 2 hours...

6. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Barge in line or in the store?

7. beanbaguk thread starter macrumors 6502

beanbaguk

Just walking into the store and ignoring the queues. Perhaps it's the British in me that's getting irate.

2.5 hours later though, and I finally managed to purchase my two 64GB iPhone's and also a silicone cover for mine.

The staff member who attended me was very apologetic and a really nice guy. A lot of the problem stemmed from other staff members "mates" coming along to share the opening event glory and probably trying to get access to the phones.

Anyway....I'm back in the office and running my iCloud restore....happy days! :D:D:D

8. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

remember pictures for us :p

9. beanbaguk thread starter macrumors 6502

beanbaguk

Still restoring and now doing a 9.0.2 update! I think it'll be a while before I can start playing with it properly...

10. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

boooo :p

have fun with it bud

11. beanbaguk thread starter macrumors 6502

beanbaguk

Just to add, I have the TSMC chip so hopefully I get some decent battery life from it!

12. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Good luck. This phone is amazing.

It sounds like the experience in Spain is much worse than here in the states. I have never lined up other than at an AT&T store for the iPhone 4, but I have not heard of too many issues with people trying to break in line. Sorry to heard about that.

13. beanbaguk thread starter macrumors 6502

beanbaguk

I think it was just poorly managed. I know Apple want's to give awesome customer support to their new customers but equally, I think they should have taken on more staff and the manager of the store should have paid more attention to those dilly-dallying around.

Still, I have my two phones and the restore is almost complete.....all my photos and Spotify are remaining....

14. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Awesome! I really hope you enjoy your phones. I know I am enjoying my iPhone 6S gold.

15. beanbaguk thread starter macrumors 6502

beanbaguk

I've been a little busy with work but I've finally had the chance to play with my new 6S.

What a step up from my 5S! As I'm in the car now (not driving), here's the first proper photo I took from my bedroom terrace this morning. The quality is stunning!

image.jpeg

16. corys00 macrumors regular

That's your bedroom terrace view? Wow.

17. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

Stiff upper lip.

My 6s took ages to restore. The home screen had "restoring..." at the bottom after 2 days. I'm going to return it as I'm more used to the Plus.

18. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Are you a King?:D

19. beanbaguk thread starter macrumors 6502

beanbaguk

Lol no, but I guess I'm lucky living where I am... :)

Here's another one taken with my drone...not a bad part of the world. The house is up for sale if anyone is interested! :p

image.jpeg

20. beanbaguk thread starter macrumors 6502

beanbaguk

Following morning also taken with the 6S. It's not always paradise but we're enjoying the rain for a change!
    image.jpeg