Momentus XT and sleep issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sukion, Oct 2, 2011.

1. sukion macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been answered before;

But recently my macbook pro won't go to sleep on it's own due to inactivity. It goes to sleep fine on it's own when I either shut the lid or tell it to go sleep from the apple menu. My energy saving settings are identical for both power and battery (3 min display sleep, 10 min computer sleep).

Reason how I know it won't sleep is because the light on the base of the computer is still solid and not flashing. The only thing I can think of is either my hard drive which is the momentus XT (SD26) or gfxcardstatus.

I'm pretty sure it's not gfxcardstatus cause I run that on my 2011 MBA and it goes to sleep just fine.

Any solutions or inputs would be nice.

2. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

It could be to do with Lion I'm not sure.

By the way, you don't need gfxcardstatus on you MacBook Air because it has one graphics card only. I wouldn't recommend you install this app if you got 2 graphics card anyway.

Hope it helps :)

3. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

why not? just curious, as it gives me close to 1.5 times the battery life when i force the integrated card.

4. BLOCKMONSTER macrumors member

See if SD28 firmware will help. But mine seem to be takin forever to wake up from sleep now but maybe its just the long weekend for me.

5. sukion thread starter macrumors newbie

I just installed SD28 and the it's still the same issue.

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I've got the Momentus XT and Lion and I've got no issues of any sort.