Momentus XT in MB late 2008

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by fuzzystig, Aug 28, 2012.

1. fuzzystig macrumors newbie

Hey guys, So recently got this Momentus XT 750 gb in my macbook. The battery life on this macbook was usually around 4-ish hours, with this new Hard Drive i get just pathetic battery times. In 15 minutes i went from 90% to 68%.
    A full battery is just under 2 hours.
    I knew the battery life would be reduced, but not this greatly. Any ideas?

2. simsaladimbamba

3. fuzzystig thread starter macrumors newbie

The mdworker and Mds are at the top with like 60% CPU usage. I believe thats part of spotlight... should i quit it?

4. simsaladimbamba

What Mac OS X version do you use? And yes, mds and mdworker are part of Spotlight, thus currently indexing occurs. If the indexing takes that long (more than several hours), you should look at reindexing or excluding heavily used folders (like a torrent download folder).

5. fuzzystig thread starter macrumors newbie

im on Mountain Lion. its a new battery too, only maybe 30 or so cycles threw it. it was fine before this 7200 rpm hardrive.. i didnt expect it to be the same but neither was i expecting THIS

6. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

It's a co-incidence. Let Spotlight finish it's indexing on mains power, then see what happens.

7. skinniezinho macrumors 6502a

I suggest you to upgrade that drive firmware.some drives come with old firmware,and new ones improve it a lot.