I'm watching the practice session last night (1am) and they'd show three or four corners then cut to a commerical. Not to mention that the show was joined in progress. Being an F1 fan in the states sucks. As does Speed TV.
SPEED only sucks partially. Before Fox bought it, Speedvision was awesome. It was dedicated to going fast, on land, sea, or in the air (wether in a plane or otherwise ). Heck, they even showed every shuttle launch live. Ever since Fox bought it, they dropped the plane coverage, and I think the boat coverage too. Motorcycles are limited to a few hours on Tuesday evenings, when they used to have the better part of the afternoon, and whenever they can fit a race in. It seems like the channel is 60% NASCAR, and left the other 40% for the rest. As for the F1 coverage, why the **** are you watching the practice anyway? It doesn't mean anything, and the only bearing it has on the race itself is when someone blows an engine. You might as well watch preseason testing.iTwitch said:As does Speed TV.
I like F1 and would probably watch preseason testing, especially if they had chit-chat and such.Counterfit said:As for the F1 coverage, why the **** are you watching the practice anyway? It doesn't mean anything, and the only bearing it has on the race itself is when someone blows an engine. You might as well watch preseason testing.
Fox will broadcast the race but Speed has practice and qualifying.Lord Blackadder said:I thought Monaco was being covered by Fox...the network coverage sucks, as was discussed last time they did it. One more reason to hate Fox.
I agree that the Speed channel broadcast team is very entertaining though...
So where's the official Monaco GP thread, iGAV?
LOL, are you talking about Murray?? He was a character atleast!!Counterfit said:He's also written a few books) and Bob Varsha, who can actually make sense 99% of the time, unlike a certain Englishman...
iTwitch said:Fox will broadcast the race but Speed has practice and qualifying.
Your absolutely correct and I knew it was CBS (WJZ 13 here in Balmore) but my brain and fingers were going in different directions.Counterfit said:NO! CBS will be airing the race at 1230?)PM EDT, just an hour before the Indy 500.
I think showing a few races on broadcast tv is supposed to bring F1 to the masses and increase it popularity in the states?brett33 said:Here in Texas the race is being broadcast by CBS, not Fox.
Can't stand watching the race tape delayed, and then on CBS to boot, why can't they just leave well enough alone and let the Speed team do the race.
You can see my opinion of the penalty in the Monaco GP thread.Jedi128 said:I don't know if I agree with the penalty imposed on Schumi, but I think what it does show is how much the FIA has messed up qualifing in the sport. What is wrong with letting each car have an outlap, then one lap to show what they got. I liked the qualifing set up last year much better. This stuff is just plain crazy and now, drivers keep blaming other drivers and its hard to say who's right. It seems just by chance someone can get screwed over, or be handed a couple of places because of something that was completely out of their control.