Monaco Optix XR with Intel Mac? Won't work!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Crawn2003, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I've been thinking of upgrading to Intel Macs, mine are getting a little old for things that I do. Not to mention that a lot of the software I use is going Universal.

Well, my friend brought over his MacBook Pro the other night and I wanted to color correct his screen. When I tried to install it on the MacBook Pro it wouldn't even install. It was giving an error saying that I didn't have privlages to install on it. I had all passwords and him right next to me but it still wouldn't install.

This worries me as a photographer and buying an Intel Mac because I don't want to fork out another 300 bucks for a color calibrator.

So it boils down to this. Do I need an Intel Universal version of the Monaco software to calibrate my monitors on Intel?

Thanks
    Crawn

2. Crawn2003 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone? Or should I post this in another part of this forum?

Crawn

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Nope, or at least I don't think so. My friend colour calibrated my MacBook's useless LCD with a really expensive GretagMacBeth calibrator of some sort (I don't know which model because it was Norwegian), and he had a 15" PowerBook. I think he has since moved on to a Mac Pro and 23" screen, and I believe he still uses it.

Maybe your experience is an isolated incident. Try to install it at an Apple store or reseller of some sort and see if other Macs reject it.