Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MicroMacTosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Weigh in on what you think , is there a possibility of gold 5s for Monday morning ?

So camping outside the Apple store since 10 PM (first in line now, so will be first Monday morning), and looking to exchange my 4 Space Grey's for Gold.

I know it's a gamble, and learned today (Sunday) they had 3 Gold available in the morning, and wagering there just MIGHT be a chance of a few Gold tomorrow morning.

This is the Santa Monica store ... keeping fingers crossed for returns or tickets that weren't redeemed same day for Gold (idiots trying to resell the tickets and unable to find a buyer in time before 8pm, when the voucher/ticket expires)

Tell me I will be able to snag Gold tomorrow.

I promise high-def pictures of the elusive Gold if I get them.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
They might not get the shipment exactly when they open. So be prepared to camp all morning.

MicroMacTosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
They might not get the shipment exactly when they open. So be prepared to camp all morning.

I have no classes and time to burn ... if they open and have no Gold, I don't think I can linger around, there's a line and line has to move.

So they could actually deliver sometime during the day and then go out and hand it out to the people in line at the moment ?

It's first day of the week, the better have a shipment in early or yesterday evening.

MicroMacTosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Are there other people lining up too?

Friday night I checked at 1:00 am Santa Monica, no one camped out. Just Thursday night into Friday morning was the big campout.

Come morning, there was a barbarian horde.

There was no one there today (Sunday) at 10 PM, but was the same on Friday and Saturday night. But the line will be large in the morning, they're just coming later.

It being Monday tomorrow, less people would be able to camp.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
I have no classes and time to burn ... if they open and have no Gold, I don't think I can linger around, there's a line and line has to move.

So they could actually deliver sometime during the day and then go out and hand it out to the people in line at the moment ?

It's first day of the week, the better have a shipment in early or yesterday evening.

They give out the tickets now. So if there is no gold you just don't take a ticket.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
Weigh in on what you think , is there a possibility of gold 5s for Monday morning ?

So camping outside the Apple store since 10 PM (first in line now, so will be first Monday morning), and looking to exchange my 4 Space Grey's for Gold.

I know it's a gamble, and learned today (Sunday) they had 3 Gold available in the morning, and wagering there just MIGHT be a chance of a few Gold tomorrow morning.

This is the Santa Monica store ... keeping fingers crossed for returns or tickets that weren't redeemed same day for Gold (idiots trying to resell the tickets and unable to find a buyer in time before 8pm, when the voucher/ticket expires)

Tell me I will be able to snag Gold tomorrow.

I promise high-def pictures of the elusive Gold if I get them.

IMHO, I was slightly disappointed in the gold coloured phones. I think silver/white is the best of the bunch.

deadstockmarket

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010
0.1% I was told by an Apple Store that they won't have new iPhones until Tuesday because there are no shipments on Sunday, meaning no new stock for Monday.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
IMHO, I was slightly disappointed in the gold coloured phones. I think silver/white is the best of the bunch.

Agreed.

On a side-note OP, I searched BestBuy.com today and found 32 GB Silvers in stock at the City of Industry store. I drove to the store at 9 am and was surprised to see no line. A few employees were walking in so I asked them to confirm that the phone was in stock. It was. Then I came back when the store opened at 10 and got one. The store was kinda glitches because the website and phone number both said it opened at 11 instead of 10 so maybe that helped. But honestly I think all the die hard fans are done camping. I saw maybe 10 people in line on Saturday at my local apple store.

MicroMacTosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
0.1% I was told by an Apple Store that they won't have new iPhones until Tuesday because there are no shipments on Sunday, meaning no new stock for Monday.

I'd imagine that for any retail business, being stocked first day of the week is critical.

There could be vouchers that were not used, or deliveries early in the morning.

Believe.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
I'd imagine that for any retail business, being stocked first day of the week is critical.

Believe.

They don't care if they have it stocked Monday or Wednesday. Each and every one of those iPhones are gonna sell right away. If we were talking about a Chinese restaurant that needs a shipment of chicken for Monday, sure, it's critical. But not in this case.

MacKid1983

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2011
Agreed.

On a side-note OP, I searched BestBuy.com today and found 32 GB Silvers in stock at the City of Industry store. I drove to the store at 9 am and was surprised to see no line. A few employees were walking in so I asked them to confirm that the phone was in stock. It was. Then I came back when the store opened at 10 and got one. The store was kinda glitches because the website and phone number both said it opened at 11 instead of 10 so maybe that helped. But honestly I think all the die hard fans are done camping. I saw maybe 10 people in line on Saturday at my local apple store.

Where are you finding these phones on bestbuy.com I live in CT and cant seem to get it to show stock.

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out!

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
Silver Verizon 32GB is in stock at the Mira Loma Best Buy.
16GB AT&T Space Gray is in stock at the Santa Ana Mobile store.

deadstockmarket

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2010

Believe.

Up to you man. I was just trying to help you out instead of you wasting time. By all means go ahead and wait, just don't be surprised that there's nothing there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.