Mondo Solitaire for iPad $0.99 Sale

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by aresinferno, Jun 14, 2010.

1. aresinferno macrumors regular

Ambrosia Software are having a 1 week $0.99 sale on all of their iPad apps.

Normally $9.99, Mondo Solitaire for iPad is by far the best solitaire app on the store at the moment in my opinion and for $0.99 you would be crazy to miss out.

I paid full price for this app a few days ago and was really impressed. There was a lack of reviews for the app in the UK store (no reviews, 5 ratings) but I bought it anyway and am so glad I did.

I have been addicted to spider solitaire on this for a few days already.

Unfortunately the game does not offer multiplayer and there are a few issues and things to get used to such as paperclipping but the graphics surpass those of every other solitaire app out there.

For such a low price you should consider purchasing it. These guys at ambrosia software must have put a lot of hard work in to this and they deserve a lot for creating such a good game.

It should really be in the top 20 at least as my iPad was not complete without it.

I apologize if this has come up already but I did search first with no luck on finding a previous thread.

2. thewiccaman macrumors member

thewiccaman

Mondo Solitaire

@aresinferno Agree with you: excellent app at the bargain price of 59p. Not sure I would have paid full price for it though.

3. OrangeDog macrumors 6502

It's an extremely poor Solitaire game.

It's not worth it even if it was free.

4. thewiccaman macrumors member

thewiccaman

Your comments seem to fly in the face of the ratings on iTunes.

For 59p, not a lot to lose really & it is pretty extensive. As I said above, I doubt I would have considered it at full price though.

5. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I settled on Mondo Solitaire for my iPhone shortly after it became available, and I've used the five game version on my iPad. I really like the way it plays, especially with the most recent updates. I prefer its autoplay options to dragging cards everywhere, for exaple. Some may feel this isn't realistic, and those folks won't like it, unless they turn the auto play features off. Opinions vary, but for at least me, it's just what I want.

Thanks for the pointer to the sale - I now have the full version.

6. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I purchased the App on day 1 for the $9 price and it was not all that good. So much so that I ended up not using it opting for another. It had an update not long ago and I decided to try it again. Much to my suprose it's a lot better and nothing like when it was first released.
    The update brought me back to using it over any other. For $0.99 cents it's worth it.

The App does work well now.