*money in hand* Anyone else already saving for a 2012?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atMac, Nov 13, 2011.

1. atMac macrumors 6502

I'm already saving up for a 2012 Fully loaded 15in MBP with an AG display. Is anyone else?

Do you think we have any chance of seeing them by March/April?

2. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

I'm not.

3. Spadoinkles macrumors regular

Going with a 15" when I'm overseas in two weeks.

Quite frankly, ivy seems most promising to the air and 13" who will gain the most prominent updates of battery life and integrated GPU..

4. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Not a chance. They just refreshed them 3 weeks ago, so you're looking like June/July.

5. some idiot macrumors member

I'd really like a new case design but I think I'm getting too impatient to wait for it. If it were likely to come out early in the year I could hold off, but I'll probably buy a current model before the end of the year.

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

When it comes to MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac Pro, I always upgrade at every refresh, without fail, and have been since 1991. I'm simply a huge Mac enthusiast.

The type of work I do requires all the resources I can get which gives me a great opportunity to enjoy the improvements.

Although I own iToyz, their impact on computers going forward concerns me.

7. Mr.Outside macrumors 6502

Mr.Outside

I'm gonna hold on to mine for awhile longer before I upgrade. Maybe even a year or so.

8. harcosparky macrumors 68020

What is wrong with the current case design?

9. Callumbear845 macrumors member

I'm hoping that they will come out before June so that I can spend time getting it set up before heading off to college. I have a 450 GB iTunes library to move off the family iMac. I am also probably going to get the high end 15" with antiglare and a big hard drive, probably something like a 750GB 7200 rpm drive.

10. some idiot macrumors member

Nothing, other than that's it's been out for a while. If I'm about to make a big investment and there's about to be a new model, it would be cool to get it. It's like buying a new car at the end of a design cycle before the new models come out.. it's still a nice new car, but getting the latest one would be a little cooler.

11. psykick5 macrumors 6502

I'm saving for a 17". It's going to take me a while to save all that money but I'll get these by the time April comes around.

12. i4Collin macrumors regular

I've been waiting to purchase a MacBook Pro since 2009. I ending up buying an HP laptop instead because of the cost of the MBP. (I didn't quite get the whole premium price thing yet). In 2010 I bought an iMac because the MBP was about to get a refresh and the iMac offered so much more for the money.I am now waiting to buy the 2012 MacBook Pro 15 inch. I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAITED UNTIL 2010!!!!!!! I wish I would have bought into the Mac so much sooner. :( But I'm into it now, so its cool :apple::cool::apple:

13. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Ok that I sort of understand .....

" If I spend $2,000 plus for a notebook computer, I'd like it to look different then the previous model to show that I am cool ! "

Honestly though .... how in the world could they improve it?

Compared to others it has the smallest footprint. I mean the Apple 17" is not much bigger than other 15" models.

If Apple made their 17" case as big as other 17" cases, it would have a 20" display. :D

14. Nychot macrumors 6502a

Now have your cookie and milk and go to bed but first say your prayers and maybe god will grant your wish about the new mbp little fella.:rolleyes:

15. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

Not sure if i should buy 15" now or wait till refresh..

16. Spadoinkles macrumors regular

Do you need it now? You'd be fine on a $200 Toshiba if you just wanted to constantly post your ponders on these forums.