Money management question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheShinyMac, Apr 18, 2009.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Hey thanks for reading!
    I am currently in the 8th grade so this september I will be a freshmen. This summer I will be working at these jobs, caddying and designing and maintaining a website for a relative's business and sometimes I will babysit. My question for you is should I save up the money and buy another macbook pro once they update them or should I just put all my money into my bank account and maybe that will help pay for some books when I go to college. Or should I put it in a CD and watch it magically grow! Or should I just continue to enter for the free Macbook Pro and other goodies from Apple. Any helpful response is appreciated.

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

You already have a MBP. Save the money and start building your emergency fund. Having 3-6 months of money to live without debts is always a good backup plan. The younger you start the better. **** happens and you never know when you will need it.

3. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Agreed. This makes sense as you already have a MBP. The money could help you a lot one day.

4. bkarabel macrumors member

You are really lucky to have a macbook pro so why would you want to upgrade something working just fine right know, especially in this economic climate.
    Don`t forget " Cash is KIng ".

5. TheVendor macrumors member

+1 for saving your money. You'll be thankful you did when it comes to paying off your student loans.

6. neil1980 macrumors 6502

Or could get a new macbook pro and sell your old one... money from the old one you could then put in the bank and you've got a new macbook and money in the bank.

Depends on how old your current macbook pro is I guess

7. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Thanks for the quick responses guys and I will save the money! Now should I put it in a CD or just my bank account oh yeah and i bought my MBP in August with a student discount so its not old and thanks again!

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Don't be TOO much of a martyr...take a little bit of money and max out the ram and the hard drive on your existing macbook pro so you can get a little bit more use out of it.

9. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X